Topic: This used to fit... 300 pounds ago

giantsnoringbear

Date: 2008-03-05 23:21 EST
By now, few in the marketplace would find it unusual to see the bear waddling down the cobblestone streets. He found himself not at one of his usual haunts today, but this tailor store he had heard so much about. He couldn't recall if he had ever visited before, but there was a first time for anything. He swung open the door and made his way in, a white-colored garment draped over one paw.

Lydia Loran

Date: 2008-03-07 14:47 EST
Just as the Red Seas once parted for Moses, the crowd gathered within A Stitch in Time parted to allow entrance to the plump bear waddling in. They whispered and pointed and conversed amongst themselves, but few had any worry about the bear. He didn't seem to be terribly harmful or dangerous, and it wouldn't have been the first time a more.. unusual customer entered the store. There was that minotaur that seemed rather fond of dresses, but that's neither here or now.

Carley had donned a broom and a bat to ready herself in a battle against the bear, but was quickly admonished by Ivy who instead, sent her upstairs to fetch Lydia. Lydia rather than Griffith or Erin or anyone else because, well, Lydia could set things on fire. It's good to be prepared, just in case you know?

"A giant.. bear?"

"Yah huh!"

"A giant bear."

"Ya better get down there quick before he starts eatin' all our customers!"

So without further ado - and to prevent further whining from Carley - the green haired elf meandered her way downstairs into the main room somewhat cautiously as she peered around for this 'giant bear'. It didn't take long for Lydia to find him though, and when she spotted him? She smiled.

"Snorlax! Hey." She hadn't expected to see him there, but it was nice just the same. Finishing her trek down the stairs she crossed over towards the bear. "What brings you around here?"

giantsnoringbear

Date: 2008-03-07 22:32 EST
The bear smiled as Lydia came up to him, noddling in response. "Snorlax." The bear simply replied and unfolded the garment he was carrying. It appeared to be a white coat, looking all too much like those that doctors wore. A set of black letters was stitched across the right breast of the coat, reading in cursive script "Snorlax, M.D." Along with the coat was a note scribbled by the bear's own hand. And yes, it looked just like doctor's handwriting.

"I've had this coat for 20 years now, but it's getting a little tight around the parts. I'd like to have it refitted if possible."

Lydia Loran

Date: 2008-03-08 16:08 EST
The crowd had whispered some more and watched, but when danger didn't seem to be coming it wasn't long before customers went back to their business, seemingly already forgetting about the large bear in the middle of the store conversing with the green haired elf.

Reaching out to take the jacket, Lydia carefully looked it over as she mouthed the writing on the tag, 'em dee', to herself. M.D? Wasn't that a title for doctors? Surely this bear, Snorlax, wasn't... no. Best she not think of such things. If she wanted to preserve her sanity she couldn't think about it. Couldn't think about the rubber duck in the inn. Couldn't think about many odd occurrences in Rhydin.

After reading the note Lydia peered up towards Snorlax, smiling. "You want this refitted to fit you again? I think I can manage that, yeah." I would probably take a bit of additional fabric, but she left that part out. Dealing with women so often it was always wise to never make one feel.. fat.

"I'm just going to have to take your measurements upst-" Upstairs? She wasn't so sure Snorlax could fit up those stairs. Huh. "Er. Let me just go find a tape measure real quick, yeah?"

giantsnoringbear

Date: 2008-03-09 21:41 EST
The bear noddled in response as Lydia voiced her need to find a measurement device. Snorlax turned around in his current spot as he awaited the elf's return, looking over some of the wares that had been put out on the show floor. While most of the garments were tailored for those a bit more... shapely than the bear, he wasn't too worried about it. He had come simply about his coat, nothing more. And besides, many of his friends were aware that he was usually out and about... bare.

Lydia Loran

Date: 2008-03-16 18:49 EST
Lydia had run upstairs to search for a tape measure, and had to spend a few minutes doing so. Most of hers were sort of on the small side, and there was no way she'd be able to wrap it around the bear. Eventually though, she did find a large one. Hopefully Snorlax wouldn't notice that it wasn't meant for garments though, and was meant for indoor measurements...

Moving back down the stairs Lydia offered him an apologetic smile. "Sorry! Things are such a mess in the work room sometimes. Takes me a while to find things." Tape measure in hand and notebook tucked beneath an arm, she started back towards the bear, weaving around racks and customers.

"Okay..." For now, the notebook was set down. "I need you to hold your arms out to the side like this." Demonstrating, the green haired elf extended her arms straight out and away from her body. "And kinda hold your head high." For his size and specific needs in regards to the jacket, she'd need to get his neck, chest, arms, and torso measurements. Wouldn't do to get anything wrong.

Pulling the tape out, she offered the bear a smile. Shouldn't take long. Just need to get some measurements and write them down."

giantsnoringbear

Date: 2008-03-22 01:49 EST
The bear nodded in understanding, stretching out his stubby paws to his sides and lifting his head up as he had been instructed. He did his best to remain as still as a statue as Lydia made the measurement, but there were a few times where he couldn't help but chuckle as the tape measure was wrapped around the various parts of his body. He remained still for the most part through the whole ordeal. The effort of the green haired elf working the tape measure around his, shall we say, more meaty portions of his body did bring some occasional stares or glances from the other customers, but nothing that caused much disruption.

Lydia Loran

Date: 2008-04-11 01:12 EST
Taking care to be fast and efficient as she worked, Lydia couldn't help but grin a little to herself when Snorlax chuckled at an accidental tickle here and there. But still, she worked quick so as to not create too much of a spectacle to onlookers and so Snorlax wouldn't be uncomfortable for long.

"Alright, I'm done." Lifting the tape measure up she draped it around her neck as if it were a necklace. "You can relax now." Reclaiming her notebook she flipped to an empty page and started scribbling down the measurements of the bear- he was certainly a little above the size of her average customer, minotaur not included. "So I have everything I need in order to make the right modifications to your jacket. Was there something else you wanted added to it? Something extra? Embroidery, decorations... sometimes customers have other modifications done to their clothing rather than a simple refit. I'm also assuming you want to keep it all white, yeah?"

After studying Snorlax for a moment, she offered notepad and pencil over to him. She didn't exactly speak his.. language, so she hoped he could at least write and break their language barrier that way. "You can write whatever you want down, assuming you want more than the simple fitting adjustment."

giantsnoringbear

Date: 2008-04-17 09:04 EST
Snorlax glanced down to the notepad and quickly scribbled in much better cursive than what most bears were probably capable of. "All white, nothing else." He then handed back the notepad with a nod of approval.

A paw then went into a pocket hidden in his blubber, searching for something. PDA? No that's not it. Car keys? That's wrong too. Week and a half-old biscotti? Not even close. His shuffling through his inventory finally subsided as he found the checkbook he was looking for, flipping it open. He had to pay the nice lady, after all.

Lydia Loran

Date: 2008-04-28 01:54 EST
Taking back the notepad, Lydia noted Snorlax's nice handwriting with a touch of surprise. Her own left much to be desired, so the fact he could do so much better was just slightly enviable. As he rummaged around in his pocket she observed the items he pulled out. The small.. mechanical looking thing, she hadn't a clue what it was. She wondered what the keys were for. She wondered if that biscotti was still edible. And then she wondered what that small book was he had just pulled out. It didn't take long for her to figure it out though.

Checks were a rare thing for her to see, and rare for The Stitch to have to take in; not that checks were ever denied of course. "Oh.. you wanted to pay now?" Lydia glanced up at Snorlax, curiously. "Usually with commissions I don't require full payment upfront. Sometimes just half.. or sometimes I allow customers to wait for the job to be over before paying. If you'd rather wait, you can." She nodded and glanced over the notebook again.

"Although if you really wanted to pay now, I won't stop you. It's a relatively simple job, especially since you didn't really want any bells and whistles." She tilted her head, pondering briefly. "I guess 25 silvers would do the trick, and cover labor and fabric." And a rightly good amount of fabric that would be.