Topic: ((OMG!! FAQs, OOC & 411 on the IRL...))

Spirited Corsair

Date: 2007-04-20 15:39 EST
Hello playfriends!

As you may infer from the subject line of this sticky, this is a fine place for any comments that you may want to make Out of Character. You may also deduce that I have a sense of humor. Something everyone should have around here. It's called roleplay. Play is the verb-y part, so fun is the ultimate goal. Now I will climb off my little soapbox.

Don't be shy, feel free to say hello, comment, ask questions, submit ideas. I only ask that you attempt to be mature and polite here.

For example...

Hello, how are you?
(polite)

Let me into your storyline now! I am the greatest rper EVAR.
(less polite)

I hate you, and every one of your lame characters, you wretched cow.
(unpolite. deletion may follow.)

I believe in freedom of expression, ergo, please expect many of the posts in this folder to carry a rating of TV-14 at least. There will be more than a few instances of TV-MA, but it's okay! If you don't like it, just set your V-Chip. Or you know. Stay out.

I am looking forward to writing and playing with many of you.

Thanks,

K

Lydia Loran

Date: 2007-04-20 15:45 EST
*Runs in to be the first to say hi*

Hiiii~ Happy to see you have your own folder now~

And now? You'll never get rid of me.

*makes self comfy*

Erinalle Dunbridge

Date: 2007-04-20 15:55 EST
*plops next to L*

PARRRTAY!

This is exciting. I love the name of this bakery.

Weee.

VikiChylde

Date: 2007-04-20 16:50 EST
Oh you know I love you. :D (aka I plan to run amok on your board very very soon!)

HGLowe

Date: 2007-04-27 17:16 EST
It sort of figures mine's dead and can't join in the fun, and Archie-mun is crazy busy with job hunting. :-P But good luck!

Lydia Loran

Date: 2007-05-02 02:15 EST
Heroine in green~

*dance*

Spirited Corsair

Date: 2007-05-02 02:21 EST
It's true. Lydia is one Bad-Mutha-Shut-Yo-Mouth.

A word about Calling, while I am here, if anyone is curious.

Titles of threads are chaptered. Each chapter is a different day, and yes, this story is in chronological order. This is to help me not be stupid when I post. Yay that.

That's all, folks. Thanks for all the hits, so far. :)

Lerida

Date: 2007-05-02 04:05 EST
::Saunters in, tips hat, flicks long raven braid over shoulder, winks, and walks out:

P:S that was Bernie, he came to say hello!

::Strolls in, sends a kiss through the air, tousles hair, wiggles hot ass and wanders stage right::

N.B That was Lerida, ya know, like, as if you DIDN'T know! Like, my gawd!

HELLO K!!!!!!!

::kisses, hugs and ...kisses::

Much love and folder warming confetti

Lydia Loran

Date: 2007-05-17 15:46 EST
The Death of a Satire.. OMG!!

XD

Oja Huy

Date: 2007-05-30 00:11 EST
Holy shit and I second that!

That was cooooollllll

::thumbs up::

Aiman

Date: 2007-06-05 08:40 EST
RAWR! Enjoyed the interesting chemistry between those two. Must do it again sometime and well have an actual scene ending too. LOL

Swear between Comcast and Hurricanes, it's a good thing I'm not violent by nature or I'd be tryin to borrow Maia's knife to stab something.

J

HGLowe

Date: 2007-06-15 13:32 EST
What a great post, K. You could feel the summer in it, and the camaraderie that the orphans are really starting to feel for each other, and the determination. You could feel the unease of Maia and Grey; they don't want to lose this chance. And the letter to Archie at the end was excellent -- businesslike and commanding. I hope that the Intrepid Mr. Kennedy will give at least permission to Maia and the Orphans to take their titles from 'acting' to 'official' even if it isn't for long.

Spirited Corsair

Date: 2007-06-21 10:30 EST
Playfriends!

I have somewhat figured out what my online schedule will be like while I am not enjoying the benefits of direct internet access from the home. It is highly unlikely that I will be playing at all while I am away, but weep not. Your PMs, e-mails, and posts will be answered early in the week, whenever I get a chance to hang out in town. Most likely: Mondays. Tuesdays. Wednesdays. I will most likely copy everything to my computer and then spend the week in reply, so have patience, and you will be rewarded! These trips to the intraweb will likely happen once a week, so yes, I will get back to you. Just give me time.

I encourage you all to have a ridiculously smashing time of it. See you when I can. :)

-K

HGLowe

Date: 2007-06-21 12:00 EST
Good luck on your trip, K! Your last two posts ruled -- I love how you write Grey, and I adore how you pull things together. I'll probably post the last part to Orphans today, and then we can always write the voyage proper, which lets us take our time so you don't have to rush or worry while you're away.

VikiChylde

Date: 2007-06-21 14:52 EST
I miss you already. :(

Have an awesome awesome time and know that I await the return of your genius each week!

Carley

Date: 2007-06-21 15:11 EST
I will miss you too K! Take care and have uber fun, and don't forget us all here. :D I look forward to writing with ya even when you're on vay-cay~

~L, who couldn't be bothered to change back to her main name for this message

Spirited Corsair

Date: 2007-07-24 14:44 EST
Hello playfriends,

It has proven inordinately difficult, for a number of reasons, for me to reliably check my e-mail and the boards and whatnot. I am writing a little, but boy oh boy is it difficult to keep up. No worries. I did not die. I am not abandoning you. I am just really, really busy. Many additional gigs have come up for me this year, which is great! Hooray! That is also why I've gone way off the map. Boo. Hiss. Weep.

I will be returning home in approximately a month, and all puppets you might be missing are sure to pop back in at some point around that time. Thanks for your posts and your thoughts and I look forward to speaking with you all soon.

Ciao.

Lydia Loran

Date: 2007-07-24 14:46 EST
Hurrah. It's good to see you're still okay and doing good and whatnot. :)

Can't wait for your return. :D

HGLowe

Date: 2007-07-24 14:53 EST
Heya K! Glad to hear things are going well for you, and hope they continue to. Congrats on the gigs and looking forward to talking to you again.

Spirited Corsair

Date: 2007-08-31 12:37 EST
I have returned to the land where I pay my mortgage and state taxes, and there shall I reside for... at least a little while longer, for sure. Summer was the most wonderful, terrible, fabulously confusing and enlightening experience ever. I' d explain if I could, but I can't, so... just know that I am, for the most part, well (and certainly pleased to have regular internet access again). Soon the pirate will be coming back to port, and then we will just see where things are at. Playfriends have whispered of the activity of many a drama llama, so if things are still relatively steady around these parts, I'll surely be around.

If you and I have a dangling storyline, drop me a line and we will try to pick up where we may have left off, if it still is of interest to you. Thanks all. Hope everyone is well.

K

HGLowe

Date: 2007-08-31 12:44 EST
If you and I have a dangling storyline, drop me a line and we will try to pick up where we may have left off, if it still is of interest to you. Thanks all. Hope everyone is well.

I'm dying to see Maia and the Al Na'ir come back into port. I know I've got a character who would very much like seeing her and his former brigantine come into harbor safe and sound.

Spirited Corsair

Date: 2010-01-30 14:50 EST
Daily Bread is back in business, not that, according to its tenants, it had ever left (regardless that the players took an incredibly long leave of absence from this particular folder).

Bertie and Ralmo Hausenfelter have continued baking and being elderly in Rhydin since last we saw them.

Maia and Harold co-own a shipping company which has been growing, and has been successful enough that they have not been out much.

Though there were four flats about the bakery, now there are three: one bigger flat upstairs (where Harry and Maia reside) and two smaller ones of similar size across the hall. The smaller flats are unoccupied as of this date, and will remain vacant until they aren't. That's right. That sentence exists just to be redundant.

New posts will be going up like mad over the next few days, detailing events from all periods of various character's lives.

You know, for all three of you who may be reading this, I did miss you.

VikiChylde

Date: 2010-02-10 21:15 EST
I messaged you. :)

Spirited Corsair

Date: 2010-07-05 16:30 EST
Hey folks!

Life is good in my neck of the woods. Hot, fun, lovely summer. (Although, I have been busier than God, whom I am told took Sunday for rest. Hilarious.)

I am hoping to be able to do some posting as the month rolls on, but the internet is an inconstant mistress in my neck of the woods. We'll see if she puts out.

Miss you, playfriends.

HGLowe

Date: 2010-08-12 14:17 EST
Message in a Bottle is supposed to be (hopefully) the epic summer adventure of Harold Lowe, Maia d'Thalia and the crews they love. It might take quite a long time to bash it all out, but the first post is up, and we'll see where it goes!