Topic: 2012 RhyDin Fashion Week Notes

Koyliak

Date: 2012-02-01 12:15 EST
RhyDin Fashion Week Notes from RhyDin Wear Daily:

It's our favorite time of the year, lovelies! Couture dreams will be made and broken in Mercer Park but this year all eyes are on the economic lifeline of the city at the famed Marketplace where craftspeople far and wide set up shop to sell their wares. Many of RhyDin's hottest artisans have already committed to donating works to the event and we?re looking forward to seeing a vast array of craftsmanship spanning from blacksmithing, glasswork, embroidery, pottery, hide tanning and beyond!

Highlights of this week?s schedule ? Not to be missed:

Saturday, February 4th

The Benson Boulevard Initiative Presents the
Fashion Week 2012 Charity Kickoff - The Year of the Artisan
9:30 PM ? The Marketplace
All Proceeds Benefit the Sanyumato Relief Fund, the Small Business Relief Fund in honor of Jewell Ravenlock and the RhyDin Welcome Center.

Sunday, February 5th

Abroad in Adenna Exhibition Opening with Christopher Andan
3 PM ? Promenade
For the first time ever at RhyDin Fashion Week some of Adenna?s finest fashions will be on display in a stunning exhibition featuring the works of Pearle De Causey, Angela Kenra, Minnie Mardoni and other Adenna designers. Exhibitions runs for the full duration of Fashion Week.

Jackson Walt
6 PM ? Promenade
Head Designers: Zachary Jackson and Walter Rusk

Monday, February 6th

The Remmington Collection
2 PM ? Main Tent
Head Designer: Vicki Remmington
Featuring: Saps Truce, 88 Express, Tazi Tracks

Tuesday, February 7th

Highlife Haberdashery Runway Show
4 PM ? Main Tent
Head Designer: Gerard Smith
Featuring: D?Vestavio, Pierce Pianz, Jax Franchovelli

Wednesday, February 8th

Kitchy Kando
1 PM ? Main Tent
Head Designers: Leigh Mayazuki and Cassie Kando

Thursday, February 9th

Millie & Mallie Runway Show
3 PM ? Main Tent
Head Designer: Koyliak VanDuran-Simon
Featuring: Rebel Rock, Shane Tory, Zyx Zyee

Friday, February 10th

Gorgeous Harry?s Textile Showroom
1 PM - Promenade

Neese
2 PM ? Main Tent
Head Designer: Nicole Neese

Lamb Studios Photography Presents
The Year in RhyDin Fashion
5 PM ? Lamb Studios, Benson Boulevard
Head Photographers: Kyle Levy and Oblinn Lyrana

Saturday, February 11th

Second Annual Valentines Disco Ball
9 PM ? Red Dragon Great Hall
Time to kick up your (stiletto) heels and close out Fashion Week in style!

And though we love life inside the tents let us not forget some of the week?s highly anticipated supplemental events closing out the week:

Monday, February 6th

Metals, Markings, and Mayhem: What It Takes to Be a Master Artisan
1 PM ? The Marketplace
Sponsored by The RhyDin Welcome Center

Tuesday, February 7th

To Wear or Not to Wear: Fashion Tips for Every City District
2 PM - The RhyDin Welcome Center, Dragon's Gate
Sponsored by the RhyDin Welcome Center

Wednesday, February 8th

How To Dress Like A Man: A Crash Course in Menswear Fashions
3:30 PM ? The Highlife Haberdashery, Benson Boulevard
Presented by Gerard Smith with special guest Christopher Andan

Thursday, February 9th

Write On! Discussion Panel of RhyDin?s Leading Fashion Writers
3 PM ? Seven & Seven Restaurant, Benson Boulevard
Panelists Include Sonia Williams (founder, Couture Magazine), Jess Vincent (editor, Couture Magazine), Tina Tolly (editor, Paper Dolls), Stone Feldman (fashion columnist, Lush)
Moderated by Amador Sui (editor, RhyDin Wear Daily)

Friday, February 10th

Make-Up Artist Expo
3 PM ? The Blush Brush Warehouse
Sponsored by Local Chapter 52 of the RhyDin Make-Up Artists Union

Designer Duds
All Day Friday
Clothing Drive for Charity
Lexington Square, Benson Boulevard.
Sponsored by RhyDin United and Sisters of the Revolution

((All events except for the Kick-Off Charity event and Disco Ball are vapored events ? feel free to have your characters attend any & all of them!

If your character would like to have any of his/her crafts on display at Saturday?s event please post in this thread (along with any other Fashion Week related items). Have fun!))

Piper Granger

Date: 2012-02-02 20:11 EST
Lured out of the loft with the combined promises of an evening out with her husband and a baby-free night to follow, Piper's genuinely excited about attending the Fashion Week Kick Off (Saturday 4th Feb).

http://embed.polyvoreimg.com/cgi/img-set/cid/43192299/id/iy4QXZ3uTICnAQaSLACdbg/size/y.jpg

Kruger

Date: 2012-02-04 01:54 EST
Chainmail isn't just for armor it seems

http://s7.thisnext.com/media/largest_dimension/09B95782.jpg

http://www.corazonlatino.com/newimages/neck-model/isis-necklace.jpg

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/088/a/1/chain_mail_bracelets_by_tommy2694-d3crwxc.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3332/3192388966_56285efaf8_z.jpg

Christopher Andan

Date: 2012-02-04 02:46 EST
Punctual and at 3:02, Christopher Andan took to the center of Adenna's modestly setup tent to kick-off the city's maiden involvement with the illustrious Fashion Week extravaganza. Inside had been what appeared to be an outdoor stage setup as a catwalk and, before that, several glass cases with precious items labeled outside of them. Designer De Causey handbags, De Causey shoes, a De Causey logo IPhone4 case, and a summer line bikini teaser. At the entrance of the tent and surrounding its interior were self-service pastry stands and a long line of collapsible tables setup for affordable Adenna keepsakes: t-shirts and Adenna-forged keychains, charms and jewelry.

Again, the familiar grip of a microphone fitted into the pianist's hands, and was gazed at very briefly and humorously before he spoke into the thing, through the transmitter, and into the speakers reaching the congregation who had brought their interest and curiosity with them. That dirty blonde head with the hair product in it more befitting of a teenager wasn't hard to miss, either.

"Okay, let's start this thing," A few dozen seconds walking to the front, confirming/denying a few of the sound crew's inquiries, and assessing the crowd. "I'll ask everyone that is coming in, if there is space in-front of you to please move up. There are people coming in still and we want everybody to have room. Hello, Rhydin! It's been a few months since I've seen you last. I've sure missed you. I'd like to get a few thanks out of the way before we officially begin. I would like to thank all of you for coming, it means a great deal to us, and I know it does the designers, who will always care about what it is you think. I would like to thank some of the crew of The Judes for not only letting us borrow some of their stage equipment for our catwalk, but coming down and helping us set it up as well. Fashion Week coordinators and staff for allowing us to participate this year, you have our sincerest gratitude. Fashion design is something that is at the core of so many of us, and to be able to come together and be inspired... and be encouraged... and be challenged by competitors in your profession, are some of the very things that fill the store shelves with such colorful and eye-catching pieces ??and can stop you in your very tracks out on the street to gaze in through a store window. That's magical to me.

"We would like to thank the many bakeries and eateries throughout the Rhydin Market for helping cater our tent on such short notice. I know I can't be the only one who thinks it just smells, awesome in here," Looking seriously to the different quarters of the crowd who all shared a brief laugh. "So buy a donut or an ?clair or a sandwich. Not only do all of the proceeds go to a good charity... but they taste really good, too," Another laugh would be shared with the tent audience at Chris' sly smile and suddenly deepened voice. "We hope you enjoy our showcases we've brought this year. Pearle De Causey is here, and will be coming out later to introduce his lines. I also think we have a few surprises in store for you all? Yes?" Christopher tried to confirm with his staff that which he had already known, and was just trying to rally the crowd up with some mysticism. "Yes. It looks that way," After spotting a risen thumbs-up and nod of a peeping backstage person. "I hope to see you all after the showing and throughout the week. I'll be on Benson Boulevard, for you guys out there, with Gerard Smith, same time, Wednesday, helping host an advanced seminar on how to look good this summer. I'll also just be around. Just grab me. I'm Christopher Andan, and... enjoy Fashion Week." he bowed quickly to the crowd and handed the mic to an unknown amongst the Rhydinian crowd. But that would not remain for long.

It had been Minnie Mardoni, and an attractive and poppingly well-dressed little thing she was. Her brown hair was long and straightened and sparkling, and her attire for this showing had been a very businessy short-sleeved suit with a showy bustline kept together by the suit jacket. She thanked Chris for his introduction, who by then had joined the crowd in clapping at her own introduction, and then the Adenna presentation went on. Minnie was a very established fashionista in Adenna, and had several stores and was just beginning to branch out and start a store chain. Her knowledge and confidence was very apparent as soon as she had begun speaking, and it would actually be her who carried the show. She introduced Pearle De Causey and Angela Kenra as they came out to commentate on their lines being walked out by The Ninth Lilith of Liltu herself, Nima. The white-haired diva was pompous, egocentric, pretentious and disrespectful of the proceedings. But that was fine. Minnie knew how to direct her despite this. She felt great in all of the articles she came out in, and this attributed to a great walk and display of each item. Like always, strangely, Nima managed to impress.

The program went on with Nima catwalking to the music of Go West, and segued into the more explicit pieces, such as sexy De Causey items, set to RATT records. Minnie's lines were attractive but rather average and mediocre. Their prices were the best things they had going for them. A similar impression was imprinted by Angela Kenra's demonstrated items. But it was Pearle De Causey, as expected, who was then handed the mic to introduce his wares, who really stood out. With his dark complexion and snowy white hair short and neatly fixed upon his head, all that remained was for his bright green eyes to settle upon you and paralyze you with the class he had mastered in that smooth voice of his.

The Pearle De Causey lines:

"Strict Business 2012 Mens/Womens"

A few words from De Causey: "I truly believe that suits should only be worn by persons who solve problems. So that you can point them out on the street for their usefulness. When you wear a piece off of my Strict Business line, you are important, and everyone knows it." - DeCausey

"Bed Notes Collection"

A few words from De Causey: "Women's Lingerie should be anything but forgettable, and is what I strive to achieve in this line of intimate-wear. From the subtle to the eye-catching, you determine how hot the water is, and begin writing one memorable occasion after the other.
"Some pieces are designed in mind to go with women's business sets for maximum comfort, feeling, and concealability. You should feel sexy all the time, and you should feel intelligent all the time, and it has all been woven together for you from the start of your workday to relaxing after getting home." - DeCausey

"Making a Statement" Spring Line 2012
(A brief description: This is the competing line of DeCausey's Fashion Week presentations. Here you will find his artsy submissions, such as a feather-skirted dress, a color-splashed dress, a colorful curtain-style garment, a sunshine yellow sleeveless dress, and one bridal gown. All prepped for runway w/ Nima as their model.)

"Master Series" 2012 Alligator shoes

A few words from De Causey: "There are three pairs of shoes in my Master Series this year, and each one is entirely unique. You're paying for excellence." - DeCausey

"The Fort Holder (Loafers)" will be on display and can be purchased for $1,200 gold pieces of our single gold piece net weight, negotiated during the purchasing process, to the first buyer.

"Handmade out of DeCausey Shoes, this item is intended for the man looking over his castle in the late evening. The cushioned insole is lambskin leather, and the hand-stitched leather will give you superior comfort and traction. All of it is finished in a nice antique-wood finish." - De Causey Shoes

"The Acquisitioner (Derbies)" will be on display and can be purchased for $2,500 gold pieces of our single gold piece net weight, negotiated during the purchasing process, to the first buyer.

"This Italian-inspired masterpiece is made of Premium Grade Alligator and offers eye-popping texture. New With Collector's Box." - De Causey Shoes

"The Sophisticated (Heels)" will be on display and can be purchased at $4,099 gold pieces of our single gold piece net weight.

"Women's two-tone lustrous black canvas Fit: True to Size, 4. One-of-a-kind. This is my most unique item. The perfect woman's shoe, and the only Women's Shoes to come out of my original shop of craftsmen. 4-inch heel w/ diamond-emblazoned toe-strap blends effortlessly in with the stylish comfort of this dressy and business appropriate footwear designed for the most knowledgeable of our two genders. This item is one-of-a-kind, and I would be a fool to sell it. But this is such a wonderful celebration of the things that we wear that make us feel incredible, so what the hell. This is my gift to you." - Pearle De Causey

Applause.

Pearle was indeed the sort of man that could pass a high-priced item off as a gift you still had to pay for. The shoe was that exquisite. You saw it behind glass and that made sense to you. Besides, his various magazine interviews did not sweeten his words or demeanor in the slightest. People who had followed him knew how he presented himself, and how he acted. That being said, this was a very big surprise to audience members, particularly those who had the cash this year to spend on some fanciful wardrobe accessory masterpieces.

At the conclusion of the program, Chris again took the microphone, same as he had for the interludes. It was a long program with only one showcase model. But the catering had been there. There were sweet things for the snack-craving, and readied lunches in styrofoam sandwich boxes that kept everyone energized and comfortable. Also at the front of the tent at the entrance had been a large hangar fan that was keeping the place very cool. With various electronic equipment such as the soundboard, the large centrifugal fan and all the noise that came with it at the entrance surely added an unexpected memory to the Adenna Fashion Week experience.

"Thank you all so much for coming. If you will all kindly look to the swag table over to the side... see that lovely woman there ??Hi Jane. That's Jane. If you will stop by her on your way out, she will hand you a free gift bag. Our way of saying thank you for coming by to see us this year. If you're interested in any of the shoes off the Master Collection, please grab one of us before you leave," Chris checked his large wristwatch on a leather wristband, "Be sure to head to the Jackson Walt showing! Starts at six! Thank you." Chris held up the microphone conclusively and rejoined his staff by the soundboard while the tent began to mumble and converse quietly in the shuffling of filing out and collecting their grab bags.

Inside the grab bags had been: one white-painted metal keychain "Adenna Fashion Week 2012", one red rubber wristband "Adenna Fashion Week 2012", one folding paper fan "Adenna Fashion Week 2012", one poster "Adenna Fashion Week 2012", and one steel business ink pen "Adenna Fashion Week 2012".

Raye

Date: 2012-02-04 09:55 EST
Monday Feb 6, 6pm

Join us for an evening filled with music, food and self-defense demonstrations.

See demonstrations from local Self-defense studios and law enforcement experts on how you can protect yourself safely and legally!

Demonstrations include:
~ Fire safety (or Why you should not anger Red Dragons)
Disaster tips (or What to do if Godzilla is rampaging down your street)
Weapons safety (or How not to shoot yourself in the thigh)
Self-Defense (aka Kicking Arse 101)

This event concludes with a Live Capoeira Exhibition by local capoeiristas.

Proceeds from the event to benefit Sanyumato Relief Fund, the Small Business Relief Fund in honor of Jewell Ravenlock and the RhyDin Welcome Center.

http://embed.polyvoreimg.com/cgi/img-set/cid/33742171/id/sM7ubK2p4BGCsY6Fq2kGnw/size/y.jpg

Caelyn

Date: 2012-02-04 10:05 EST
Moonlight and Magic will be making their debut at tonight's Kick-off event.

Moonlight specializes in unique gifts at extraordinary prices. Hand-crafted jewelry by local artisans, locally grown herbal remedies and seasonings, crystals and more.

http://embed.polyvoreimg.com/cgi/img-set/cid/32877725/id/7mcHELGa4BGMirlbTaoh8g/size/x.jpg

http://embed.polyvoreimg.com/cgi/img-set/cid/35151506/id/BMv3N9K-4BGpUfPLI32sqQ/size/e.jpg

Owner/Resident Witch: Caelyn Donovan
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set/BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFmdBS2IyWWVQNEJHV1dWalh1RXNwOXcAAAACaWQKAXgAAAAEc2l6ZQ.jpg

Manager: Wanda Lehnsherr
http://embed.polyvoreimg.com/cgi/img-set/cid/42975708/id/VpF7mLa7QJORGy0ttTqNiw/size/y.jpg

Lelah

Date: 2012-02-04 19:35 EST
Lelah could not miss the debut of Locke D'Vestavio's collection inspired by her film, 'A Murder of Crowes', so she dipped into the recesses of her closet and dragged out the leather and the Gaultier.

http://embed.polyvoreimg.com/cgi/img-set/cid/43299835/id/GWbPnZV_QeOkOUD23GzwyQ/size/y.jpg

FioHelston

Date: 2012-02-04 20:29 EST
http://embed.polyvoreimg.com/cgi/img-set/cid/43302972/id/sNS6Sng4TnaTmFvMVARqhw/size/y.jpg

Katarina Smith

Date: 2012-02-04 20:53 EST
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f92/ThesmallCimo/Katarina/images.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f92/ThesmallCimo/Katarina/022m.jpg

Raye

Date: 2012-02-04 21:48 EST
Charity Kick-Off

http://eclipsedancer.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/kickoff.jpg

Koyliak

Date: 2012-02-04 23:03 EST
((Playlist is here - http://www.playlist.com/playlist/22991724555))

The Marketplace always hummed with a life all its own during the day but tonight the air was electric with excitement. Any reason to have a party was welcomed and especially one that could promote local businesses while raising money for charity served to bolster everyone?s spirits (and in some cases, egos).

Extra booth space had been built to accommodate the diverse group of artisans who came to display their goods and help with the fundraising aspect of the night. Signs of all shapes, sizes and colors announced each craftsperson and reminded buyers that all proceeds from tonight?s sales would go to benefit the Sanyumato Relief Fund, the Small Business Relief Fund in honor of Jewell Ravenlock and the RhyDin Welcome Center.
The most impressive temporary structure constructed for one-night only was the large see-through paneled building in the center of the festivities where the main event would be held particularly for those wanting to stay out of the cold.

Several projection screens had been placed towards the back of the room. Not only had a serious sound system been installed but none other than RhyDin's hippest DJ, Shifter Talk, was at the helm spinning beats. A mini-runway platform had been installed in front of the projection screens.

Instead of typical black pants, white button down, white glove uniforms for the wait staff starting to disperse through the crowd with platters of hors d'oeuvres to attest to the tastes of humans, elves, goblins, dwarves, orcs, fae, and beyond (the list of races represented in RhyDin was endless), each server wore a colorful attire fit to match the race he or she represented with food. Drinks from various breweries and vineyards throughout RhyDin were represented as well.

It was a strange mix of people continuing to come inside: starving Bohemian artists, well-to-do aristocrats, fresh-to-death hipsters, meticulously polished fashionistas, and some local pirates not off at sea tonight amongst others.

Slips of paper had been set up in front of the various exotic and limited goods up for sale tonight. It would be a silent auction. Those interested could submit their bids and the winner with the highest one would be notified later of his or her victory. Those who didn't win would be notified too and given the business card of the artisan who made each piece in question in case they wanted to commission a new work instead.

Koyliak

Date: 2012-02-04 23:25 EST
The projected screens showed the new ads for the clothing line "Murderous Marvels" inspired by the hit film "Murder of Crowes" that was created exclusively for sale at The Millie & Mallie Department stores. The line was the collaborative work of Koyliak VanDuran-Smith, Locke D'Vestavio and Gerard Smith.

The most prominent ad was shot from directly above, Juliana (Aimee Savage) in a midnight blue trumpet silhouette silk gown lies draped on top of a bed of white feathers carried on the shoulders of Noah (Daniel Bressler) and Imad (Ali Mohammed), the voluminous tulle skirt fanning out around her. With Charlie (Jonathan Granger) and Crispin (Lasse Kolehmainen) by her head she clutches the recipe for the cure over the shapely off-the-shoulder bodice of the gown.

MURDEROUS MARVELS

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k247/kazabelle/Fashion%20Week%202012/crowesposter.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k247/kazabelle/Fashion%20Week%202012/postercrispin.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k247/kazabelle/Fashion%20Week%202012/postercharlie.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k247/kazabelle/Fashion%20Week%202012/postermen1.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k247/kazabelle/Fashion%20Week%202012/posterimad.jpg

LELAH

Inspired by the new ?Murderous Marvels? clothing line, Lelah?s dress was a whimsical white silk gown with a ruffled hem and luxurious mini-train. The splash of amethyst over the gown would prove on closer inspection to be made of treated flower petals woven seamlessly into the fabric.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k247/kazabelle/Fashion%20Week%202012/lelah.jpg

REKAH

Who said buttons couldn?t be glamorous? A slinky black dress overlaid with glittery silver buttons held quite a shine showcased further by a trim of buttons in a darker metallic shade.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k247/kazabelle/Fashion%20Week%202012/rekah.jpg

NPC Model - Bebe "Beheader" Xeian

Beware this strutting peacock!

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k247/kazabelle/Fashion%20Week%202012/bebe.jpg

NPC Model ? Drow, G?eldriia Hune

Chainmail isn?t just for the boys in battle anymore.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k247/kazabelle/Fashion%20Week%202012/drow.jpg

KATARINA SMITH

Straight out of an enchanted forest came this romantic gown that proved to be surprisingly strong for appearing so dainty. Both qualities were due to the spiderwebs placed over the sheerest of slips.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k247/kazabelle/Fashion%20Week%202012/eless.jpg

RAYE

Part as an ode to Jewell?s ocean coloring and part because she had such a flair for fashion, Raye was entrusted with this body-hugging outfit complete with headdress showed a wide range of skill in making fashion out of seashells.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k247/kazabelle/Fashion%20Week%202012/tara.jpg

AMTHYST OAK

The citrus hued caftan took its minimal structure from worked over bamboo. More bamboo had been softened even further to give it a surprising amount of flow for the skirt. Seaweed had been used to give an extra layer of detail and trim.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k247/kazabelle/Fashion%20Week%202012/bamboo.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k247/kazabelle/Fashion%20Week%202012/bamboodress.jpg

Koyliak

Date: 2012-02-05 01:12 EST
See all the highlights from tonight's event courtesy of the Gossip GangSTAR's live blog!

Locke DVestavio

Date: 2012-02-10 22:46 EST
Highlights from Locke's show for Highlife Haberdashery this year:

http://www.gq.com/slideshows/mens/fashionshows/F2012MEN/ZEGMEN/RUNWAY/00300m.jpghttp://www.gq.com/slideshows/mens/fashionshows/F2012MEN/ZEGMEN/RUNWAY/00020m.jpg http://www.gq.com/slideshows/mens/fashionshows/F2012MEN/ZEGMEN/RUNWAY/00010m.jpghttp://www.gq.com/images/style/2011/09/new-york-fashion-week/editors-picks/091311/jcrew-two-suits-ts.jpg

More from Locke's show can be seen on the Polyvore collection linked here!

Wanda

Date: 2012-02-11 18:18 EST
The witch and the wardrobe.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/042/2/4/fashion_week___the_dance_by_lillianalequela-d4peb5u.jpg