Topic: 2014 Gubernatorial Conspiracies

Tazzy

Date: 2014-09-15 00:09 EST
((This thread is meant for fun and goodnatured humor to create conspiracies about the current elections and their candidates. Please have no resentment against Ammy Spiritor player for starting this. Also, feel free to post your own conspiracies in this thread or post links to your own conspiracies!))

"You can't, you just can't print this Tazzy." A very refined looking female elf in a green blouse dropped a two page flyer on the desk. "You'll have every political party at our throats not to mention the Spiritor's live in our city."

Tazzy just chewed on her pencil for a long moment and eyed the elf. "You're in on the conspiracy too, aren't you? I will see it printed!" she shouted in defiance.

The head editor just sighed, rubbed her temples and let Tazzy go about setting a coming storm of headaches.

Tazzy

Date: 2014-09-15 00:11 EST
Elections or Strategic Takeovers?
-By: Tazzy Stream-Dancer-
-Den Howler Special Edition Flyer-

Hello to all our Den Howler readers, new and old. Usually ours news is tied down firmly to what happens in Den City and our sister city, Fang Wood. However, much to my puzzlement and delight we got a request letter from a reader to cover the candidates for Rhy?Din city?s 2014 Gubernatorial Elections. With audio recorder and note pad in hand, I was about to hit the streets for interviews until one of our assistants dropped the latest issue of Rhy?Din People on my desk. The front page headlines caught my attention as well as the articles within. With a hot liner like: How to run a realm by family force? Interviews with Shimmerscales, Ravenlocks and Spiritors.; I got a feeling that maybe this election is more than a race for a new governor.

After a bit of digging through public articles in magazines, news reports and even Watch Reports that were left lying around I have found some spine shivering coincidences that may shock you. The elections are about finding the next best puppet and a realm wide take over. Before you start calling Whisper Paws Psyche ward and fitting me for a straight jacket, take a moment to look at some facts.

Fact number one: Local magazine, Rhy?Din People, have interviewed three prominent, wide spread family clans in Rhy?Din and discuss how ruling realms with their ever increasing family numbers.

Sounds like Rhy?Din has caught a case of Mafia Fever. ?Who cares?? you all may think. ?What impact do these three families really have?? They have a lot of impact on the realms my dear readers.

The Shimmerscale family has been amassing membership of not just dragons, but every other race out there that falls for their adoption schemes. Don?t be fooled by the kind hearted blue dragon called Icer. Her nature of taking in strangers and hard luck people until they get back on their feet is a simple way of filling out her family stables with a variety of useful pawns. A vast majority of talented people that live in Rhy?Din city know about Icer or are related to her by adoption. Among these people would include Andu Kirost, Arthour Chazore-Silverblood, Ammy Spiritor and many more.

As to the Ravenlock family; they have their hands deep in the City Watch running the 27th Special Operations Division as well as the Marketplace Chamber of Commerce. Ever wonder why their division seem to be the only effective Watch Force whiles the rest of the police in Rhy?Din city are caught with their pants down during crimes? I think it?s time for us to learn the phrases, diversionary tactics and political scapegoats. Furthermore businesses seem to thrive when they are part of Ravenlock?s Chamber of Commerce, and suffer if they are not. Strong arming is not a new trick but it is effective.

The last family is the Spiritors. Do I have to really explain them? This is a family that has been on Rhy?Din since the first dirt was broken on Den City ground and we were all still being whipped and sold for slave labor by this family. A massive long list of crimes against their own people, constant absolution and a miraculous knack for getting into high positions of power and leadership; have I forgotten to mention the three wars they are responsible for that cost the lives of a city three times the size of Den City? They are even headed by Ammy Spiritor, notorious Lupinossai for making pacts with Lich Kings, Necromancers, Mercenaries, working for and protecting Slavers and a love quadrangle that spreads over the continent. Don?t forget the font of kids she keeps popping out. They are out for territory even if it means using sheer numbers to get it.

Fact number two: The Big Three families are related to each other.

How is that possible? Quite simple, by adoption or as I call it applied negotiations between mafias to ensure a wide spread territory benefiting their wildest desires. Brian Ravenlock started this triangle by adopting Icer Shimmerscale as his sister. Later, when the Spiritors hit the town, Icer Shimmerscale adopted Ammy Spiritor as her sister. All three families are connected together by adoption and even blood ties through various generations of offspring. Often in news reports when something bad or good happens in Rhy?Din city you will find members of one of the Big Three. Sure sounds like a mafia running the show and calling the punches or the dives the city takes.

Fact number three: Two 2014 Gubernatorial candidates can be tied directly to these families.

The candidates up for voting so far are Andu Kirost, Arthour Chazore-Silverblood, Ebon Ilnarnen, Katt Batten, and five candidates that tend to just use a first name only, Jessie, Race, Skid, Tenrowe and Thorn. So who are these two black sheep candidates?

Andu Kirost, owner of the Rhy?Din Transit Services, champion of good will and sincere help to those new to Rhy?Din City has some secrets. He loves to adopted helpless, young people, often females and calls them his little sisters, among them being Icer Shimmerscale and Ammy Spiritor. He has also been on the scene of several incidents in the city resulting in heavy collateral damage. At these scenes were often Brian Ravenlock, Ammy Spiritor, Icer Shimmerscale or a variety of members from the Big Three. Andu has been reported often as toting heavy fire power and armor enough that he can rampage about the city. Was he really there helping these little sisters? Or was he on a mission to take out contenders to the Big Three? Perhaps even damage businesses not in league with the Marketplace Chamber of Commerce or helping the 27th division cover up botched illicit deals. Andu has also been heard praising the deeds of a new goddess in town, called Kami Shori no Haha, often Shori for short. This deity is none other than Myrlene Wolf-Spiritor, daughter of Ammy Spiritor. Many Red Dragon Inn patrons have testified that he supports this new deity?s beliefs and positions.

Arthour Chazore-Silverblood is hardly clean of the Big Three?s grime. He was married to Mai Silverblood by Ammy Spiritor as a blessing. Ammy Spiritor is the family?s guardian angel. They have also adopted a young woman named Lesinda. Lesinda is actually an adopted niece of Icer Shimmerscale. In fact, witnesses in the Red Dragon Inn have heard her call Andu Kirost, 'Uncle' more than a few times. Arthour has been often seen in the company of Icer or Ammy at the Red Dragon Inn, around Andu often when the monarchs of the Spiritors and Shimmerscales are in trouble, or even mentoring them. It is true he seems to live a simple life being a husband, father and teacher at the Bristle Crios Academy, however his continued support of the Spiritors and Shimmerscales put him in a bit of hot water.

So how does this all really tie into the Gubernatorial 2014 race posing as the next new puppet selection process? Consider the implications if Andu Kirost is governor. He?d be able to block all land routes with his rail-less trains if the Big Three decided to boycott or put pressure on other cities. Not to mention that he can import troops and mercenaries within moments from Den City or Fang Wood to help further a complete lockdown of the city when ?crisis? happens again. It?d be easy for the Big Three to gather inside information about any city dealings and have a right hand man with hands on the controls to bend anything to their favor. A slight declaration and this new deity is now the city?s patron state and her code of ethics a new religion to obey or you disappear by the Watch.

Place Arthour Chazore-Silverblood in charge and they have a puppet that can crumble to family crisis and pressure. If he?s not towing their line, there goes the security of his family. His wife and adopted daughter are suddenly on the hunt by the Watch as notorious, rogue vampires. His wife?s shop suddenly loses business or heaven forbids the Watch is sleeping and a bomb goes off. Or worse, a few twists in facts and some chaos in the right places and they have their puppet calling in heavy, magical fire power, using his position as Leader of Mage House. The academy roster shows him as head of it.

The conspiracy here is that anyone that becomes governor will end up bowing to the Big Three; whether directly or indirectly. Any of the other candidates will face events in the city that could very well be brewed chaos or simulated peace. If they don?t react right, wham, the Big Three step in and make it difficult on the governor. It?s easy to have a governor shot during an event if the Watch is missing. Wipe out certain buildings when someone is slipped money to rampage through the city. But this whole thing is just a miniscule part of the real plot. These families raise their members with total loyalty to their leaders and the more members they accumulate, the stronger their power. Which brings me to the last fact seen in the Rhy?Din People?s magazine. Massive cover up at the City?s Water Department: What are they adding to our water?

Fertility drugs, ladies and gents, the Big Three are purposefully getting everyone knocked up. Why? With an explosion of children, there will be more targets to adopt or foster or lure in the Big Three will have a bumper crop of young minds to mold, twist and use. Don?t be fooled! Stop the Big Three today and don?t drink the water! Don?t vote! Fight the man and help free Rhy?Din from mafia rule!

NorseLady

Date: 2014-09-15 11:27 EST
After getting her hands on a copy of the Den Howler Special Edition Flyer, the female Viking decides to write a letter in response to Tazzy Stream-Dancer's 2014 Gubernatorial conspiracy theory.

Dear Ms Tazzy,

I found your article interesting, enjoyable og enlightening. I sincerely hope you have special protection na that you have published your opinion. By that I mean a personal security guard, or three.

I think you mayhap want to dig a little bit deeper. You ne'er know hva you shall find. Also, I do believe the Helston family might have something to say about the 'Big Three'. Perhaps you will interview Ms Kitty?

One more suggestion, consider contacting the Law firm of Dewey, Chetham, and Howe. They seem to know their (and everyone elses) business.

Sincerely,
Shylah Vulpecula

P.S Are you taking any form of Liquid Heat?

Storm Ravenlock

Date: 2014-09-15 19:26 EST
Hints, Allegations and Things Left Unsaid.

Brian Ravenlock

Date: 2014-09-15 20:52 EST
Miss Tazzy Stream-Dancer,

A good day indeed to you, Miss. I sincerely hope that it is one that finds you and yours well. With that being said, please allow me to introduce myself to you.

My name is Brian Alexander McDineen-Ravenlock, Patriarch to the Ravenlock Family of Rhy'Din, One of the founding three members of the Clan Ravenlock (Along with Jewell 'The Empress' and Alexander), and the one as you so most interestingly had stated, ?The one who started the triangle?.

Or perhaps, we can call it a Triad, since you referred to 'Applied Negotiations' when it came to the adoptions you also made mention of.

Whichever is easiest for you would work, as far worse things have been written about myself and the family, I am a part of.

All of that aside, I would like to clarify some points and then enlighten you a bit more on these family relations you believe you have a grasp on, all too well. Because in truth, you have no idea what so ever what the hell you are speaking of, but that's alright. I am here to assist you and to more so assure you do not cross the stream of ignorance, and somehow wind of up on the banks of stupidity.

I will handle these in no particular order, so let's start with this:

As to the Ravenlock family; they have their hands deep in the City Watch running the 27th Special Operations Division as well as the Marketplace Chamber of Commerce. Ever wonder why their division seem to be the only effective Watch Force whiles the rest of the police in Rhy?Din city are caught with their pants down during crimes? I think it?s time for us to learn the phrases, diversionary tactics and political scapegoats. Furthermore businesses seem to thrive when they are part of Ravenlock?s Chamber of Commerce, and suffer if they are not. Strong arming is not a new trick but it is effective.

First off, the Ravenlock Family does not run the 27th Division of the Rhy'Din Watch & Localized Militia, nor do they run the Special Operations Division of the 27th either. The 27th Division is in fact a semi-privatized branch of the Rhy'Din Watch that answers not only to the Watch itself, but also to the Local Government of Rhy'Din itself. We are funded by the Local Government, along with private donations from various parties within the area we serve, hence why our home is located in the center of the Marketplace itself.

The 27th was founded years ago, when crimes within the Marketplace and City began to exceed the parameters of the original localized militia branches (Pre-Watch), and something more permanent and definitive was required at the time. I personally founded the 27th along with Kerri Al'Tuatha, and Epona, with the permission of the Watch and to this day, we still have an incredible relationship, not only with the Watch, but the City itself, as we also serve outside our area per the Mutual-Aid pact we have with the other branches throughout the City.

Yes, I am the Commanding Officer of the 27th and I have also served in other branches of the Watch as well, before being given command. So in short, The Ravenlock Family does not 'run' the 27th, I command it and we answer to a higher command, always.

Feel free to drop my and have a look at our books, they are open to all.

Now let's talk about effectiveness...

The 27th is not the ONLY Watch branch that is effective, and to even think that really makes me wonder what the hell you were drinking when you wrote this, but for the sake of this dance, I will have to take the lead, if you don't mind.

My division, is a special operations division as stated before. We train daily for the things that the exceed the parameters of the normal rank and file. Things that some branches are unable to deal with, or cannot deal with for some reason. Now that doesn't take anything away from any of the work done by other branches, it just means we have more experience in dealing with the 'not so normal' things that happen in this wondrous town of ours. We also deal with things a bit more definitive than others, because we are equipped and chartered to do so under our Mutual-Aid pact agreements. We show up, we assist, we clean up, file reports and take our leave.

We saw a need for a specialized unit before others did, thus we were better prepared when things would go badly, which mind you has been a lot less as of late, thanks to the efforts of the Watch citywide, and the great citizens and organizations spread throughout the city. None of us could ever do this alone, we each do our part and it's worked out very well so far.

Now you mention 'political scapegoats', I would love for you to elaborate on this for me, as I do not recall ever using anyone, or thing as a scapegoat, but if you have anything by all means, please share with us all, as you should know by now I am one of the most open people within this city, so please-- have at it.

The same can be said with the 'Diversionary Tactics', I'd like you to elaborate for me, if you could.

Now let's talk of the Greater Marketplace Chamber of Commerce, which is NOT mine and never was. I am one of the founders, along with several other concerned parties such as Myllyanna Lotus, Vice Admiral Jesse (And whatever titles she has added since), Ciarth Whitemane, Crow Thorne, Vanessa Tigarian, Wanda Lensherr, Caroline Granger & The Rhy'Din Small Business Relief Fund, Sadie Jenkins, James Roe, Andu, and Rena Gautreaux.

The Chamber is an organization that supports the improvement of the Marketplace in a positive fashion by supporting local business in and around the Marketplace in many difference facets. We assist with things like Gatherings & Street Festivals, the most recent being the Archmage Tournament Street Festival which I was very thankful to have been a part of. We also assist business owners in securing grants and loans, along with ways to improve their particular venues without breaking their banks. That's just the tip of the iceberg so to speak.

You should actually drop my one morning, and have a look see for yourself. Again, as with the 27th our books are always open.

However, I have yet to see any businesses suffer for not being a part of the Chamber. Nor have I seen any strong-arming either, but since you are so enlightened I put it to you once more, please share with us, so that we all may understand more so.

So with the 27th and the Chamber taken care of, let's shift to the 'Big Three' as you called us along with the Shimmerscales and the Spiritors...

I will say this, here and now and I hope you understand.

Just because Icer was made a Ravenlock, does not mean that every one of her offspring adopted or otherwise are Ravenlocks, because they are not.

In short, Icer is one of the Ravenlock Clan. She is in fact a member and has been one for years, which is something I am very proud of. I love her dearly, as does the rest of the family. However, this does not mean her multitude of offspring are Ravenlocks. They are Shimmerscales, father by Aurthur and mother by Icer.

Yes I am referred to as Uncle, but that title is an honorific one.

Just because the Shimmerscales took part in the great 'adoption war' along with some other families that reside in the city does not make any of their acquisitions, Ravenlocks.

They are not.

Spiritors, Birds, Alcars, whatever... Just because they were adopted by the Shimmerscales at one time, or were born to them and then defected, adopted away, or what have you-- they were not Ravenlocks in that square dance of theirs.

Our the families close? Most assuredly yes, they are. We assist one another, we work with one another professionally, and guess what---- we've even fought one another.

It's a complicated deal I know, and I can tell by your article here that you truly had your work cut out for you in spades.

I mean there were so many things left out, such as my term as the Minister of Citizen Resources for Governor Driscol, my being the future 110th Husband to one Tara Rynieyn, my being the first member of the Avenger's Initiative to publicly have it known, the relationship between the Ravenlocks and Brambles, or Bloods, or our relationship with the Helstons. The Order of Scathach, and the CoS as well.

But that's alright, that's why you can always make this a series. I mean you have so much insight as to us already, so your head start is assured.

Personally, I cannot wait to see what you give us next.

In any event, if you want additional clarification you can always find us within the Marketplace, we are settled in a new building called 'Unkindness' , feel free to come on by. Perhaps you can stay for dinner and meet the rest of my family, too.

Best Regards,

Brian Alexander McDineen-Ravenlock

PS: I know I covered little myself, and I apologize for that. It is my hope you do take me up on my offer and spend some time with us.

Spell

Date: 2014-09-15 21:30 EST
Dear person in charge,

I did not read this since it was too long, thus I did not read. I will say that anything involving mine name, which is Jesse, is misogynistic lies perpetrated by the patriarchal order that has overtaken this governors election. Did you know that I am the only true and honest female in the running? Shocking.

You should write about gender equality in this election and why it is lacking.

Or vote for G'nort, since he seems to be the only candidate beyond me who understand what's going on.

Mischief

Date: 2014-09-16 02:26 EST
Where mail is concerned...

A small, elegant black box tied shut with looping gold ribbon sits centered in front of the entrance to the newspaper's headquarters.

Red ink is neurotically wound into tight letters with dramatic swoops of tails and towers on an off-white card wedged under the bow.

"A Gift"

In it, the recipient (ATTN: TAZZY, ETC.) would find a bolt, a pinky toe of a human male, and an eyeball that was slightly deflated and oozing jelly out of one side. Each was laid neatly in its place on gold satin.

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2014-09-16 11:57 EST
Dear Head Editor of the Den Howler;

I thought my direct orders to keep Tazzy Stream-Dancer away from sugar, caffeine, anything in Kitty's adult stores and heavily damaging reports a must? Seems something was lost in translation. I am sure you have quite a pile of responses by now, so add mine to the list.

I will say this, the article, while quite misleading and filled with errors, is clever trying to make assumptions on a short scramble for information. That said, I must urge you to have Tazzy refrain from any further news reports outside of Den City, Fang Wood City and to not step out of our sovereign territory. I cannot guarantee her personal safety if she travels to Rhy'Din city.

Having, as she put it succinctly, "... a family that has been on Rhy?Din since the first dirt was broken on Den City ground and we were all still being whipped and sold for slave labor by this family..." and "... long list of crimes against their own people, constant absolution and a miraculous knack for getting into high positions of power and leadership" as well as "...three wars they are responsible for that cost the lives of a city three times the size of Den City". I feel quite inclined to clarify things. I'll even offer her to Brian Ravenlock or Icer Shimmerscale for a nice, long visit if either party feels entertained by the proposal.

To clarify the points mentioned above, while true that I have personally been in Rhy'Din before Den City was ever created, I was not married then. My family has not sold one Lupinossai or other race into slavery in the 6 years we have been established. As to the long list of crimes, feel free to name any of them. Any actions I have taken were absolved as they were done for the people, for the city and for a greater safety. People elect into leadership those they trust and believe will have a strong impact on their society and lives. As for the three wars you mentioned, all three of them were not because of my family. They were spearheaded by three individuals seeking to enlarge their territories or wreak havoc on the innocent. My family served in those wars to protect you so you can sit and be a reporter in freedom.

I am amused at the list of crimes and accusations listed at me, I think you missed several. I have long been used to being cast in a dark light and it never stays. Pasts are meant to stay buried and never returned to. As to the "love quadrangle", my social and private life is simply that. Mine. While I have often shared time in Icer Shimmerscales lair to nurse wounds and heal, we are sisters, true, but it ends there. Her children are not mine, nor are mine hers. Further clarification I have seen Brian Ravenlock in public maybe three times in my life and maybe a scant passing conversation. Would I aid him in a time of need? Yes, that is the person I am. Do I know him and his family? Hardly. Am I in league with him? Deffinitely not. Association is hardly a yard stick to judge the relations of anyone's family.

My guardianship to Arthour's family is an agreement between he and I with no required demands. I am a 'little sister' to Andu, but regard him as a true friend and nothing more. Any ideas of me actually working with Icer and Brian to rule this realm by rigging elections is quite laughable as I honestly do not care who wins the elections. My job, my goals and my focus is upon Den City as it's governor. I offer the candidates by deepest wishes and luck during the race.

Sincerely,
Governor Ammy L. Spiritor

P.S. Tammy Stream-Dancer is under my protection as Governor of Den City, but only as far as common sense and Den City boundaries can be applied.

P.P.S. Den Howler, I suggest Tazzy take a 'long vacation' and reflect on her actions.

Andu Kirost

Date: 2014-09-16 12:29 EST
Dear Tazzy.

I want to state catagorically, that I have no intention of taking over anything. I'm retired and actually running things requires far to much effort and worry. I am running for Governor of Rhy'din because I want the title.

Yes, I call many "Little Sisters", and have been "adopted" into the Shimmerscale clan. But none of those Little Sisters are really that in anything but my own mind and heart, and most have gone on to be reputable citizens of this fair city with out any real assistance or allegiance to me. Most certainly with out any feelings of obedience to me or any member of what you term "The Big Three". Some would frankly laugh at the very idea.

As for the RTS blocking anything, that is just silly. The roadbeds created for those routes outside the city were created with more than enough room for traffic besides the RTS trains. I could no more order them blocked than any other person could.

Anyone can make it difficult to be governor in Our Fair city of Rhy'din, it doesn't take being a member of a large clan to do that.

Most of the other "associations" you mention are laughable stretches. The Red Dragon Inn is a popular waterhole with many diverse people and groups. Saying two people have a deep association because they happen to have been seen in that inn together is like saying the same of two people who purchase their groceries at the same market.

If you want to write something with facts behind it, I can be found in the Red Dragon Inn's common room most mornings and evenings.

Vanessa

Date: 2014-09-16 17:43 EST
To whom it may concern;

I am Vanessa Tigerian, Owner/Operator of Club Andros and lead DJ for Tigerian Entertainment in Rhy'din. My business is a subsidiary of Tigerian Electronics on Earth. Wonder why my name and the company name are the same? It is because my grandfather was the founder of this multi-million dollar company and my father is the current sitting CEO. I can also trace my family lines to US Senator Goudeau of Lousiana on Earth.

Furthermore businesses seem to thrive when they are part of Ravenlock?s Chamber of Commerce, and suffer if they are not. Strong arming is not a new trick but it is effective.

Business sense is not something that can be trained or bought. You either have it or don't. Every business that succeeds or fails in Rhy'din is based on the talent and hard work of the individual business owners and staff. Not due to the allegations of strong-arm tactics and inappropriate business dealings.

I do not need someone to strong-arm on my behalf. I run a clean business and, following the example of Mr. Ravenlock, invite you to peruse my books.

I bear you no ill-will in you misguided attempt to cast aspiration on the characters of three families. In attempting to liken them to organized crime, you have missed your mark and have, in turn, maligned the characters of many of the hardworking citizen's of this Melting Pot of a City.

Sincerely;
Vanessa Tigerian
Owner/Operator
Tigerian Entertainment, Rhy'din

Tazzy

Date: 2014-09-19 01:23 EST
It would seem another flyer from Tazzy Stream-Dancer circulated through the various towns again.

"Hello readers! Before I tend to the thoughtful letters to my editor, I am forced to state that all views I express are from me and me alone and that I am not using Den Howler facilities, material, or personel to write my flyers. The Den Howler is not responsible for my "crazy" notions and are seeking my capture. Well she didn't say "crazy" but some things can't be printed for public reading. That out of the way, on to my replies!

First of all, I thank the mysterious one that sent me the gifts. The bolt was just the right size to fix my hand cranked Steno Press and the lovely body parts got me free lunch at the Assassin's Guild in Fang Wood City. The golden silk made a great scarf and the black box is working out great for a mini file cabinet.

Jessie, I think I hardly mentioned your name beyond being the running, but now that you've caught my attention I believe you fit right in with the plot to take over the city by family force. Your campaign posters delightfully show a baby armed and chemically influenced to do as it is told. As for the gender equality thing, sorry lady, but both genders just suck throughout most history books among the realms. You should aim for freeing the city from the publicity stunt known as 'Elections'. That'd be a good running point for someone looking to liberate things.

Shylah Vulpecula, that is a great sounding name, do you know many foxes? Hum, where was I. Oh, I've tried contacting the Helston?s but no one has replied yet. As to need body guards, seems our own Governor Spiritor is handling that issue, but between you and I, she'll probably have me in the river floating away in a week or two. As to Liquid Heat, no, I am not taking it. I am banned from all adult stores owned by the Helstons upon my editors explicit, incessant begging.

I will admit the response from Brian Ravenlock, Ammy Spiritor, Andu Kirost or Vanessa Tigerian is rather deep, so as to put it Brian Ravenlocks way; here's my dance this turn.

You've all made good points about businesses and the 27th Division. I am curious though about something that makes no sense. Why do we keep seeing disasters in the Marketplace? I am surprised that district even functions anymore and that Rhy'Din has any economy left with massive damages done by all involved in the disasters. Does this really mean that Vanessa's monopoly is better off than other mom and pop shops because she has money to protect her ventures? Where are the rest of the Watch divisions during all of this? Why isn't anyone pre-empting, catching and discovering bombs before they go off? Has the city ever heard of a real fire department and not just relying on heroes to magically put them out? Even heroes have to have a day off.

The 'Little Sister' and 'Uncle' affections, the Uncle bit was not aimed at you Brian Ravenlock, still sounds disturbing to me when coming from a guy not related by blood to the young women they are applied to. The wars in Den City are related to Ammy Spiritor's family. They draw disaster to the city like moths to a flame. As for books and being open to the public; everyone has secrets and anyone can put on a show to appear innocent to all. Cooking the books isn?t hard to pull off. Rhy'Din city is a place known for people hiding their dirty deeds to get a leg up on the next person arriving in town.

The Big Three still look like a potential unified front to me capable of doing as they wish in the city with the numbers to back them. Deny any plans but the fact that two heads of the Big Three jumped right in to defend themselves, when so often conspiracies or slander at them have been shrugged off; the act makes them look suspicious to me. Yeah, they could defend people, help the public and more, be they heroes and good people they claim. But if they were not in Rhy'Din City, would the city not have less trouble? I mean, who doesn't want a hero to save them often, but when you get a high number of them in one place, anyone wanting a name will gun for them and not care about the public which is just not fair to the common, hard working citizen. The list of contacts and high positions mentioned by Brian Ravenlock just points to how deep the man is with all of the main city officials and inner circles making a perfect suspect in this conspiracy. People trust a man like that, too much and can easily follow any whim he has. Just like they trust Andu to not wig out and berserk in the city, but he has often done more harm to the surrounding city infrastructure than most bad guys on a good day.

Final thoughts for this round; Rhy'Din city has no real government and parades the 'puppet' in charge for publicity until someone else steals the limelight sweeping away the prior persons attempts if any were made. Let's see someone run a four year stretch and really make a difference. Install some real laws that mean real consequences and not a slap on the wrist. The hardworking citizens, as it was put, may feel maligned but really, have you asked what they all want? Peace, security, commitment to protect them and punishment those that break laws, take lives and wreak chaos. The city really has no public laws for citizens to live by and vigilantes run wild. So why do they need a Governor? Rhy'Din is comparable to Rome, in ancient earth. They had Caesars that appeared to rule, a Senate that seemed to work, Gods and Goddesses from all Pantheons real or imagine to pray to and ask favors of, but in that city, the mob had the final say. Get one person crying bloody murder about mages doing something wrong; the self imposed vigilante heroes going too far; people inciting race wars or gender wars and you'll see that the Watch, the Governor and the Heroes mean nothing to the masses of scared, unhappy people. Who has access to these kinds of mobs? Who has mobs of their own to help stage riots? The Big Three and they are growing larger each day a woman drinks the tap water!"

Writer/Reporter:
Tazzy Stream-Dancer

NorseLady

Date: 2014-09-19 06:00 EST
Since one of those flyers ends up in her mailbox it is collected and thoroughly read, twice. Once again the female Viking is amused at the information printed on the piece of paper. Time to sit down and script another missive. After all, she was asked a question. It simply would be rude not to answer the reporter's inquiry (whether she wants one, or not)!

Dear Ms Tazzy,

Tusen takk for the compliment pertaining to min navn. I am pleased that you appreciate it!

To address your question: Do I know many foxes?

Well na, there certainly are an abundance of that carnivorous mammal of the dog family in RhyDin. There are also several cross-breeds, as well as a multitude of other fox hybrids in this putrid land, that kan truly boggle one's mind!

I do not personally know all of them, nei. Howe'er, I know some. Or I should say I knew them. Na I just wear them. Their fur is quite plush, you know.

It has crossed my mind that you mayhap want to know hva some foxes say. Therefore, I am enclosing a small magical box for your viewing pleasure. I am not responsible for hva you are about to see and hear, should you choose to watch and listen. So, I shall appreciate it if you do not hold it against me for godt or for bad.

Sincerely,
Shylah Vulpecula

P.S. The woods look familiar, albeit not my territory in RhyDin.
P.P.S. Nei, I am not a fox.

Ylvis

Shariane

Date: 2014-09-19 07:56 EST
Dear Tazzy;

My dearest Tazzy. My name is Shariane Uth Dravon. I am a long time resident of Rhydin dating back to the tumultuous time in this City's History known as the Guild Wars. I was a rather active participant in the anti-slaving movement and a teacher of young mages. You wish to harp on extended families, mine was one of the first noble houses within the city. Sadly, Time and age have erroded the house until there is only a tiny handful of us left.

The nature of Rhydin itself lends to the violence and destruct you so joyfully pointed out. In fact, I am surprised you haven't started accusing people of creating the Nexus deliberately.

The fact remains that these families are hardly the reason for the disasters. If they were not here, the disasters have and would continue unabated? Why do I say that?

Because it is people like you that cause such chaos by sowing distrust and formenting hate unreasoningly. Look at what happened with Proposition 99. Look at what happened when the Baron requested a similar measure.

These were people trying to impose laws on the populace, rather prejudicial and hurtful laws, I might add. Look how well that work. We had riots and mobs without the help of the so-called big three.

Proposition 99 was fueled by a reporter such as yourself. Again, the other law was by a Baron, a Liontaur... So really, you are reaching and causing more harm with you suppositions...

Are you looking for another Proposition 99 Debacle?

Lady Shariane Uth Dravon
}?{ N?ble H?use Uth ?rav?n }?{
"United we stand, divided we fall; Unity amongst diversity."