Topic: 2015 Yule Bonfire Conclusion

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2015-01-04 17:37 EST
Throughout the realm of Rhy?Din, flyers were sent out. They were put in mail cubbies, left in mail slots, taped upon poles and pinned to reader boards in every inn and tavern. Upon the flyer were the official results of the Gingerbread House Competition as well as an overview of the Bonfire Wishes pledge drive to raise funds. The pledge drive was to help all charities written and submitted to the walking snowmen.

Greetings one and all, young and old, rich and poor; I give my whole hearted thanks for attending our first unified event as a Territory. Though I did not run the event personally, the Welcome Center has asked that the matron of the Territory be honored to right the concluding words to the event as well as the results that were received. I will do the best that I can in this duty.

The Yule Bonfire was started as a new celebration to bring all walks of life together to share in one intent. We all celebrate the power to have hope and faith for what we ask for, answered or unanswered. We started in the cold, bleak days of winter flourished in the warm radiance of the bonfire that continued to grow from the wishes that fueled the flames. Those wishes and the sparks of hope we kindled within our lives like warm fireflies brought us to the brink of the New Year. The New Year, a time when old magic is swept away to make way for the foundations of new magic, when the efforts of our toil are put to ground to spring up with fruit in the coming months. We all moved into this new, magical, mystical time of renewal and regeneration setting our wishes loose to the new magic of the year.

With the New Year here, we now douse the guiding flames of the old year and let the gods return to their duties once more. Thank you all who came and gave your wishes, may those who look out for you, guide your steps and keep you safe grant your wish if they so desire.

During this time of magic and wonder, community spirit and warmth, several events have taken place. We had a Charity Pledge drive going on simultaneously with the Wishes going into the fire. For every wish that was recorded, not the actual wishes mind you but the person seen casting paper into the fire, the Lupinossai Glade Territory put 1,500 Silver Crowns towards donations. Before I mention the number of wishes and the number Silver Crowns raised, I will mention the Charities you all have elected to help.

They are: The Dream Chasing Foundation, The General Orphan?s & Widow?s Foundation, The Needy General Funds, The Rhy?Din Orphanage, Rhy?Din Burial & Perpetual Care Fund, The Widow?s Fund, Wings of Foxingale Orphanage.

It may be a short list, but they are far reaching and benefit greatly from your donations. Upon record, there were 17 official wishes witnessed by the Charity workers. This has lead to a donation on behalf of the Lupinossai Glade Territory of 25,500 Silver Crowns. However, the donations have not stopped there. The Welcome Center of the Lupinossai Glade Territory understands that many wishers like to remain anonymous or unseen as is their right. So they are going to match the 25,500 Silver Crowns already pledge by an equal amount making the funds raised a total of 51,000 Silver Crowns. In short, each of the mentioned charities will receive 7,286 Silver Crowns each into their coffers. Well done Rhy?Din, may we do better next year?

We also had a Three Word Carol event encouraging everyone to gather around the lights and improve their very own Rhy?Din Carol. Here is what we all managed to put together. Slight editing to congeal a phrase or two.

~Dashing through the heights of Heaven!
Making spirits bright.
The children are tender and mild.
Undeath to all and to all a good morning!
All the family?s decorating the tree with eldritch balls that shines bright!
Oh holy night how the garland glows aether bright!
Come all ye holiday gnomes of Mistletoe and kisses into the night.
Santa honey, one lump or two?
Fill their heads with Sugarplum fairies dancing wearing stompy boots.
Rockin? around the Red Dragon Inn with a glass of eggnog delight and silver bells!~

Can?t wait to see who?ll have the nerve to try and compose the sound track for it. Finally we had a gingerbread house building competition. From what I hear, the grand prize was worth the hard work; a year of free meals at Caf? Lupe in Den City. Now who doesn?t like free food? Runner ups were also getting 50% off coupons for their first five meals at Caf? Lupe. The owner must be insane! Okay, okay, you all are nail biting enough so I?ll dispense the results of who won. Uh, well it appears there is a four way tie for first place. That?s a lot of free food! The winners in the 2015 Gingerbread House Competition are: Awesome Incarnate, Jackie Von Tombs, Minoko Funaki and The Redneck! Round of applause and we are proudly displaying their winning entries bellow.

Awesome Incarnate put mystical and fantasy back on the menu with a dragon guarding a chocolate castle resplendent with ice cream cone peaks and royal icing decoupage.
http://i.imgur.com/fUAl0E9.jpg

Jackie Von Tombs put life into the old Rudolph the Reindeer clay-mation specials showing Hermes the Yetti eating a delicious roof of Mini Marshmallows in rainbow colors!
http://whitelion.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/I-thought-Hermie-took-all-his-teeth-out.jpg

Minoko Funaki attempted to take us all to new heights with her gingerbread tree house.
http://i57.tinypic.com/t043yr.jpg

The Redneck appears to have pulled out the stops and thought outside of the house and crafted what could be a relative of Icer Shimmerscale!
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/a2/13/25/a213256b3a2d740a6ba3a34adf1aacf0.jpg

And there you have it folks, the conclusion of the 2015 Yule Bonfire and its events. I do hope you all enjoyed the festivities and please, do not feel embarrassed or shy about writing to our Lupinossai Glade Welcome Center Suggestion Box. We?d like to hear feedback from you all about our events, pose suggestions for new social events or just drop a casual line to let us know how the territory is doing.

With All Thanks,
Ammy L. Spiritor