Topic: 2017 - A New Hope

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2017-01-13 12:19 EST
Hello to all our readers, fans, patrons, active/passive/retired or hopeful new players. I want to personally welcome you all to the Den City folder and a new year. Many of you may have noticed by now that everything is unlocked in this folder. What does this mean? It is a message and a symbol of trust I hope to convey to you all.

This folder has gone back and forth through many name changes and at one point direction with promising new blood that I'd failed. What joys and values lay in this folder was brought to my attention as I sifted through various old threads looking for racial notes on each Lupinossai species. I came across a thread by Mirius about all the pleasant things this folder stood for. At that time things were dark for me, I very honestly tried to destroy everything here when my own real life fell apart. Attempted suicide is no light subject and it will literally warp your mental landscape and cause a lot of things to be done on reaction. I am strong enough now to admit that I was completely out of control and responsible most likely for this folder collapsing to life support. Deep breath, small sigh.

What doesn't kill us allows us to adapt in many new ways.

Now then, I unlocked everything because even though some of the threads belong to me as the creator and writer of the words within, they are in fact treasured gifts belonging to everyone on RDI and shouldn't be cloistered away. I want life to come back, people to feel this open territory and not a sea of locked anger and regrets. Much has been in discussion between me and Mirius about a lot of new and inviting threads to write, updates to everything and more. I am sure many of you will like to see the activity back again and I welcome all to return.

With things moving and changing about over the years we've been tightening and refining everything to get a real feel of the Sliinkaa universe the Lupinossai come from. This means some facts have changed, holes are appearing in various background histories and more. This is going to happen and need mending as we go, but we aren't erasing the old facts or history post or things. They will stay as a fingerprint to show how much working progress we've come through since 2008.

So, please, stop by, read, post, play or be amused as we enjoy another year on RDI.