Topic: Turn Around Sound

Nell Holliday

Date: 2013-08-03 03:36 EST
Dead or Alive's 'You Spin Me' plays for an intro

Nell: Hello and gooood afternoon, kids. Welcome to the very first Turn Around Sound! Thanks for taking the inaugural voyage on Ship Awesome with me, your hostess, Nell. This is when all my listeners get a chance to take over the airwaves and tell me exactly what you want me to play. But not because you're entitled, because I let you. And you have to play by my rules, which essentially are, you gotta come prepared with the reasons why you pick the tracks you do. Otherwise what will we have to talk about? Your feelings? I have with me today Corlanthis Wystansayr, who has agreed to be the first, and therefore coolest, listener thus far. So he's kind of like my first mate. Welcome to the show, Cor.

Cor: Hello everyone! It's great to be here and I'd just like to thank you, Nell, for inviting me onto your show. I think that probably qualfies as talking about my feelings, but since we haven't started any music yet I figure I'm probably in the clear.

Nell: You can talk about your feelings a little bit. But only because you're my first mate. Thank you for subjecting yourself to me. Did I mention to everyone that I get to molest you at least once if you come on the show? But that's part of the fun of the whole thing. Cor, tell us about where you're from.

Cor: I didn't actually see that when I signed up, but as your First Mate, I willingly put myself in the line of fire for your cause. We didn't really have a name for it. I come from a world that doesn't travel through space,you understand. So we didn't think about things like planets and the name of our world. I didn't learn about things of that nature until coming to Rhy'din.

Nell: My mind was just blown, and I didn't have much of one to begin with. SO! Let's get down to brass tacks. You have music on your weirdy non-space-travelly homeland, yes?

Cor: Music? Oh, yes. Not so diverse as you find here, but we do have a very thriving musical industry. I often wish I there was a stable way through the Nexus so that I could return home occasionally. I miss the music quite a bit.

Nell: That's like? legitimately sad. I have tears in my eyes. Well, luckily, through the intervention of the music gods, we have a few songs from Cor's homeland to regale you all with. Cor, can you tell us the first song and why you chose it?

Cor: It's not that sad. The first song is the Royal Anthem of my homeland. Our music styles lean more towards instrumental pieces rather than singing. And this piece really shows off the variety of different instruments we use in our music.

Nell: Alright, bomb. Listen up, all, to Cor's Anthem, which is what I've renamed it for now.

The song would start off with a heavy compliment of brass instruments and drums before the strings and woodwinds flowed in

Nell: That was beautiful, straight up. I think there might be some instruments in there that I've never heard before.

Cor: It's very possible! We use the talents of my people to enhance our music in different ways. For example, we capture bird song in specially enchanted stones and use that to influence and accent our music.

Nell: Bird song in stones... and I thought I'd heard of everything. Well, kids! You heard it here first- the national anthem with bird-song-in-stones enhancements! And here you thought you wouldn't hear anything new. Alright, Cor, tell us about your next song.

Cor: Certainly! But first, I need to tell you that I totally made that birdsong thing up. I was just curious if you'd believe it or not. The next song is a passage from one of the plays of my homeland. About an evil wizard menacing a country, and a princess gathering a group of soldiers to go and fight him.

Nell: Well now I'm upset you lied about bird song. Sweet, an epic journey. Let's listen in.

The next song would feature heavy use of woodwinds and pianos. Much more lowkey than the boistrousness of the anthem.

Nell: So, Cor, when you were little did you imagine being one of the soldiers, the wizard or the princess?

Cor: Uh. . . Oh, uh. Well. None of the above really. I've never really thought about it. All little kids want to be the dashing here right? The one that swoops in and saves the day and runs off with the princess?

Nell: I'd want to be the evil wizard, because that meant I could just do whatever I wanted. Break things, annihilate people- you know, all that stuff that kids want to do but their parents won't let them. Watch your kids, listeners. They're plotting. And whatcha got going on for your last pick?

Nell: Sure that always sounds like fun, but things never seem to end very well for the evil wizard, do they? The last selection is one my people played during celebrations or when simply having a good time!

The final tune was a fast-paced melody full of stringed instruments and drums. With a much faster beat than the previous two.

Nell: Alright, I could definitely get down and groove to that. Or at least flail around and pretend I looked amazing. Do you ever just put this on here and go wild?

Cor: Not so much, no. I don't really have a lot to do with where I'm from. Honestly, I've come to Rhy'din to get away from a lot of that. Not that it hasn't been fun to listen to those songs again.

Nell: And that's what it's all about, now isn't it? Well, hell, I am glad you are here, and I'm sure the rest of Rhy'Din is, too. Especially because you bring such sweet, sweet tunes. Cor, thanks so much for joining me today to share your music picks. I hope you enjoyed your time taking over the airwaves.

Cor: Oh, I surely did. It's been a pleasure, Nell! Thank you for having me on, and thank you for letting me share a little bit of where I'm from with your listeners!

Nell: Well, that's our show for today. For his participation today, Cor will be receiving two tickets to any upcoming concert and a KLIT-AM 900 prize pack, which may or may not include a signed picture of Seirichi's rack. Remember that anyone can come join me here at the station. If you're interested, send an email to nell@klit900.com with your music picks and if I'm not bored to tears I may invite you on. And remember to add the '900', because klit.com is somehow already taken. Keep it dirty, kids.

Nell Holliday

Date: 2013-10-15 23:59 EST
Nell: Welcome, kids, to another freakin' fantastic episode of Turn Around Sound. Today I have with me one coooool cat- see what I did there? Ha!- with Mr. Khoom Helston. Thanks for showing up, Khoom.

Khoom: And thank you for having me here, Nell. You don't mind if I call you Nell, do you? Quite a fantastic little setup you've got here.

Nell: You can call me whatever you want. Why, thank you for not saying its a sh*t hole.

Khoom: Be careful, I might take you up on that. It's quite cozy though.

Nell: I try to make it nice for my guests. You know, a doily here or there, a monogrammed place mat. Really, guys, it's beautiful in here. Alright, so let's get down to brass tacks. Khoom, I think a lot of people know who you are, but is there anything you want to share with the group before we begin the musical section of our adventure?

Khoom: From what I've learned of things, most of what I have to share isn't usually suitable for the general listening audience. I am a Helston, after all.

Nell: As long as it's not herpes, I'm sure the audience won't mind the sharing. Buuut, I feel ya. And if I had censors I bet they'd love you. So then, let's get going. Tell us your first song, and why you chose it.

Khoom: Well, for my first song choice, I went with a soothing little number just perfect for unwrapping a delicious little present. It's got a smooth rhythm, and I happen to enjoy that sort of thing.

Nell: Awesome, let's get it started.

Royals

Nell: You play this for the ladies, Khoom?

Khoom: Ladies, gentlemen ... really, in my line of work, one can't afford to be too picky. I know a few tricks, of course.

Nell: I've heard. And none of that here, my girlfriend might be listening.

Khoom: Of course not. I only work my wonderments with permission.

Nell: Alright, Cassanova, what's the second tune you've got for us?

Khoom: Well, for my second choice, I thought I'd go with a little something I employ during the course of the evening, performed by one Ludacris.

Nell: Alright, ladies and gents, you hear him- Sex Room.

Sex Room

Nell: What's the last pick you have for us?

Khoom: Oh, a delightful little number by Jamie Foxx, called Unpredictable. It usually fits the mood for most escapades, I've found.

Nell: Alright, get your 'capades ready, boys and girls! Here's Unpredictable.

Unpredictable

Nell: Is anyone naked out there, anyone?

Khoom: Hmmm ... are we accepting calls with this program?

Nell: Noooo, no. We're not that kind of show! But maybe you could sell it to the radio manager?

Khoom: I may have to look into that. In the meantime, I'm certain you're just chock full of questions.

Nell: Possibly. But first, why did you pick that last song? Just because it went along with the whole flavor of what you've got going on?

Khoom: It's one of my personal favorites when it comes to theme songs and ... suggestive settings.

Nell: So this is like Khoom's Theme?

Khoom: Oh, there are several. This just seemed the most appropriate. One can't just use the same three songs over and over, as I'm sure you well know.

Nell: My theme song changes weekly. I feel ya, bro. Well, Khoom, thanks for stopping by. We're almost out of time here, but maybe you could hang for a few and we could chat?

Khoom: But of course. I made sure to clear my appointment book for today, just to be on the safe side.

Nell: Excellent. Anything you want to add or plug to the masses before we skedaddle?

Khoom: Just one thing, I believe. Shop House Helston!

Nell: You heard him! Shop Helston! WHOOO! Thanks for listening to Turn Around Sound, boys and ghouls. And major props to Khoom Helston for stopping by to share his musical taste with us. Khoom today will be receiving a prize pack of merch, including two tickets to any upcoming show for hanging with me. Remember that if you want to get on the show, send an email to nell@klit900.com and if I pick you, you can come kick it with me on air. Peace.

Nell Holliday

Date: 2013-12-09 21:24 EST
Nell: Hello and a hearty what the f**k?s up from yours truly, Nell. Welcome to another installation of Turn Around Sound. Today I have a special guest. Actually, dos special guests. My sisters, Rhona and Eilidh.

Rhona: Hi, everyone! Actually it should have just been me, but Eilidh decided to tag along.

Eilidh: Actually, Rhona forgot she had to take me to school before she did this so now I?m here. And totally late to school.

Rhona: No one asked you.

Eilidh: You could just let me go to school myself.

Rhona: Hell no, you can?t! You?re-

Nell: ALRIGHT, ANYWAY. Rhona is older than me and she?s hot. And single, so check the KLIT-AM website to see a picture of her. I?ll sell her for cheap.

Rhona: Super cheap.

Nell: And Eilidh is our youngest sister, who is seventeen. You will not see her picture online because she?s a precious little jewel baby whom will never date.

Eilidh: I?m almost eighteen, you kn-

Nell: Say hello, ladies.

Rhona and Eilidh: Hello (There is some additional unintelligible muttering from Eilidh)

Nell: Since Rhona would be the main focus if she wasn?t so bad at taking care of responsibilities, we?re gonna roll with her. Rhona, could you share with the group what your first song is?

Rhona: The first song I chose is a total shout out to the fact that we?re Scottish as hell. So this is Sleepy Maggie with vocals by Mary Jane Lamond and f**king rad fiddle by Ashley MacIsaac. Who is a dude. Also they?re both from Canada but still Scottish so shut up and enjoy it.

Sleepy Maggie

Nell: That was Scottish as balls! No one knows this but Eilidh was Highland dancing. And Rhona was drinking whisky like a bastard.

Eilidh: I don?t have my shoes, I couldn?t do that here. Plus you?d probably flip out if I hurt my ankle.

Rhona: I?m definitely drinking. That wasn?t a lie. Ok! I wish to share my next song!

Nell: Jesus, pushy much?

Rhona: I know what I want.

Nell: I know you?re a skank.

Rhona: Play my song! I?ll even do your job for you: this is Windowlicker by Aphex Twin. I like it because it?s got a good beat and it drowns out most things at work. Also it reminds me of Nell because ?Windowlicker? is a French slang term for someone who wants something they can?t afford and Nell?s broke as a joke.

Nell: At least I don?t have chlamydia.

Rhona: I?m going to punch you in the babymaker.

Eilidh: Rhona, do you really have-

Rhona: Play the song!

Windowlicker

Nell: And that was Windowlicker. And I don?t have a lot of money but I do it up well. Ask my girlfriend. Back me up, Andrea! Oh, and since she?s throwing a freakin? fit, Rhona does not have any venereal diseases. That we know of.

Rhona: That?s better.

Nell: Free clinics everywhere will be flooding our phone lines to get you to test at their business once they hear this.

Rhona: Can we stop talking about my junk? Otherwise we?re gonna start talking about your tits. Or lack thereof.

Nell: They?re there and everyone knows it at the RDI because most people have seen them. But yes, let?s move on. What?s the third song?

Rhona: My third song is The Ghost Inside by Broken Bells. And I chose this because I just really enjoy the band and I like that he decided to sing all high-pitched. Don?t know why, but he did. And I?m ok with it.

Nell: Rhona likes dudes with high-pitched voices. Got it. KENZI! ADD THAT TO HER DATE PROFILE! Under her picture!... yeah, that one. Yeah, yeah, good. Ok! The Ghost Inside.

The Ghost Inside

Eilidh: Her last boyfriend did sort of sound high-pitched when he got drunk and started to cry.

Nell: Ahaaaaa! Seriously, Ei! What a dumbs**t that dude was.

Rhona: Hey, now, I did dump him as soon as I heard it. Wait? is the microphone back on?

Nell: Of course it is. Anything you say is fair game on here, sucker.

Rhona: And I can?t even compete because you have no shame.

Nell: Truly. Anyway, you got anything else to share? I think Eilidh?s gonna get detention if you don?t haul her a*s to school.

Rhona: No, I think that?s about it. Thanks for letting me forget I had this appointment and getting poor Ei detention.

Nell: And thank you for showing up after I called you seventeen times.

Eilidh: Can we go? Or I really will get detention and you?ll have to do my history project.

Nell: Just bring in a bottle of whisky. Bam. Scotland. Done.

Rhona: No, seriously, I blew a bag of d**ks in school. Let?s roll.

Nell: That?s it for today?s Turn Around Sound . Hopefully we?ll get Ei in again when Rhona?s not ruining her chances at college. You all know the drill- hit me up at nell@klit900.com if you want to be featured on the show. Send presents and your chances increase. Peace!

Nell Holliday

Date: 2014-04-04 23:42 EST
http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i378/Re-Mix/rtl36pR_zpse44d9d34.png

Nell: What's up, ladies and gents? It's your favorite DJ of all time, Nell. Don't deny your feelings. Welcome to Turn Around Sound, and give a particularly warm welcome to my guest today, Miss Andrea Anderson. Who, I might add, is my fianc?.

Andrea: RhyDin! Oh.. that brings up a thought. Would I become a Holliday or you an Anderson? And no, before anyone asks. The diamond she wears isn't the one I won in the Diamond Quest. The one on her finger is way bigger.

Nell: It's super big. And that's an excellent question. Nell Anderson. Nell Holliday Anderson? Andrea Holliday? Should we start taking a poll?

Andrea: We could! Though I like Andrea Holliday, it sounds -- stylish. We could always mush our last names together. Hollison? Anderday?

Nell: The Anderdays! F'real, though. This rock is so big I lost the use of my ring finger. So giant. I'm spoiled. You guys should be super jealous, cuz the woman I'm staring at is fiiiiine. And she's going to share some tunes that are just as sexy. Aren't you?

Andrea: Very spoiled, but you're worth it. I'll stop the lovey-dovey stuff, I'm sure there's - like - collective groaning out there because of it. Yup! I have them all lined up, the first is one of my favorite songs. I usually listen to it to it when I'm on those early morning jogs. It's called Intoxicated by The Cab.

Intoxicated

Nell: That was Intoxicated, by the Cab. Why did you pick that song in particular, my lovely red rose?

Andrea: Because it reminds me of you. Whenever I, like, look into your eyes? I get intoxicated. (Laughing) More lovey-dovey mushiness for the listeners. I enjoy The Cab, most of their music is nice. I listen to them when I'm playing online until 5 AM. You know, around the time you try and drag me into bed to sleep?

Nell: Yes. 'Sleep'. That's what we do. And then we go to church in the morning. And I'm usually yelling about something so they better like the lovey-dovey. It's the little they'll get. What's the next song you've got for us?

Andrea: You do look good in your Sunday best. My next song is probably one many of you have already heard tons of times. It's Dark Horse by Katy Perry.

Dark Horse

Nell: Just so people know, my Sunday best is no pants and pizza. What was your reason for picking Dark Horse?

Andrea: It's a song that's stuck in my head. Like, everytime it's on? I have to listen to it. No way around it. I don't think I'll ever get tired of it, but don't hold me to that. Ask me again in a few months.

Nell: I will. But for now? Katy Perry lives in your brain. Probably the point that controls like taste or memory or some sh*t. Alright, kids, here's Dark Horse.

Nell: I heard people saying this song had, like, Satanistic imagery attached to it on some awards show. Katy Perry, singer or Satan's minion. Thoughts?
(A pause) Actually, that's gonna be our poll today on Turn Around Sound's website. Go vote.

Andrea: It's the Illuminati. I can already feel the hidden words digging into my brain. Real spooky stuff (Laughing)

Nell: She's the harbinger of like, the last age or something. So now I'm adding Katy Perry to my list of people that terrify me. Which isn't a real list. Yet. Alright, baby cakes, watcha got last for the kids and I?

Andrea: This last song is very, very special to me. Nell, I'll give you a hint and you tell me the name. Alright?

Nell: Ooooh, a game. I like! Shoot.

Andrea: Warning, like, to all those listening. This may get mushy. Nell. Close your eyes. Okay, I want you to picture a freeway full of traffic.. Our reservation at a swanky Italian resturaunt was set for, like, thirty minutes ago, and the traffic is so bad that it'll probably take another hour to get out of it. We're both annoyed, I turn on the radio. What song plays?

Nell: Was it, like? something to do with? Gangsters? And their love?"

Andrea: Oh? So you remember? Mmhm. That's what the song is about. My final pick is Snoop Dogg's Gangsta Luv.

Gangsta Luv

Nell: Okaaaay, there you are. Our love anthem. So caring, isn't it?

Andrea: As caring as only Snoop Dogg can be! I wonder what your family will think when we play that during our wedding reception. Oh no. I think I spoiled everything.

Nell: (Laughs) Hey, we're Scottish. Just give them enough scotch and we're good.

Andrea: So I can act a complete fool after everyone is properly sloshed. Gotcha.

Nell: No, do it before. Do it allll night. They just might not care as much.
Andrea: Fine, but only if you act a fool with me. Thanks for inviting me onto your show. The next time I'm on I'll be sure to tell all the listeners some of your embarrasing secrets to make up for all the love-talk.

Nell: Oh, and a charmer. I hit the jackpot. Alright, guys and ghouls, thanks for tuning in to another edition of Turn Around Sound. Thank you to my lovely fianc?-slash-guest. I'd say you got a swag bag, but you can get that sh*t whenever you want, so consider yourself constantly swagged. Tune in next week for another edition. Peace.

Andrea: Peace out, RhyDin!

Nell Holliday

Date: 2014-06-26 16:29 EST
Nell: What up, peeps? Sorry I?ve been MIA for so long, had a lot of stuff go down. SERIOUS sh*t. I?m married- legit, right? To Andrea, that lovely lady that was on show the last century it was on. And guess what? There?s gonna be a little Nell running around before too long. I hope it?s not one of those babies with the misshapen cone heads. This kid is already making me puke up my kidney, so the least it can do is be cute. But f?real? send me baby presents. On the show-front, today we have with us Grayson Reid, a fellow Scot who actually has an accent. What?s up, Grayson?

Grayson: Hey, Nell, everyone listening. It?s great to be here on the show.

Nell: So for those that don?t know you, what?s your gig here in Rhy?Din? You like? play in the dirt, yeah?

Grayson: I?m a geologist, so I like to get dirty from time to time. Shale, basalt, amphibolite and calcic horizon are the sweet nothings I utter. I work in forest conservation, too.

Nell: So you?re a dirty hippie, yeah? You chain yourself to trees so people can?t cut ?em down and sh*t?

Grayson: No chains? unless someone requests them.

Nell: Oooohhh, dirty bastard. You guys can?t see his beardy face, but this ginger?s got that look in his eye. That was an S&M reference, wasn?t it?

Grayson: I?ll go on the record- I didn?t say that. You did- you?re the pervert.

Nell: Hey, man, can?t deny. So are you doing any like? Scottish stuff while you?re in our neck of the woods? My dad likes to throw a huge freakin? party at his bar for Fastern?s E?en before he gives up something for Lent. Like a mad party- booze, chunks of meat, haggis, sexual harassment that everyone actually likes. Damn. It?s a good time.

Grayson: No, no Scottish things, really. Although there may be bearded happenings which may include Scottish things. You?ll have to stay tuned.

Nell: That?s my line. But anyway, what is your first song?

Grayson: I?ve chosen Catharsis by Natalie MacMaster. I enjoy many types of music but she is an amazing fiddler. And the fiddle, as you know, is important to Celtic people so? voila. I figured it would be a good way to start out the list.

Nell: Alright, you heard the man- here?s Catharsis.

Catharsis

Nell: That? was pretty impressive, I must admit. Do you just like it as a Celtic thing or do you play?

Grayson: I play the Great Highland Bagpipes- super clich? but I do- and the banjo. My sister plays the fiddle, though. And we?re both ok at the tin whistle.

Nell: Of course you play the bagpipes. Why wouldn?t you? Is your sister hot?

Grayson: She?s pretty, aye. But you can?t ask her out, you?re spoken for.

Nell: Oh, hell no- my Andrea is the apple of my eye- apple? Get it? That?s her nickname. Ha, I?m so on. But still- doesn?t hurt to have some hot chicks around, am I right? Eh?

Grayson: Nudging is not very effective when you?re too far away to actually do it.

Nell: Shut up, hippie. What?s your next song?

Grayson: It?s called The Birkin Tree by the Old Blind Dogs. They?re another Scottish band. The song is pretty much about a guy trying to convince a girl to stay out with him and cuddle, and to ignore her mother because she?d done the same thing when she was young.

Nell: Sooo? he?s being a rebel, pretty much.

Grayson: It?s the closest to folksy Scottish rebellion as you?re going to get.

Nell: Well, hot damn- I love me some rebellion!

The Birkin Tree

Nell: I think we should hold a contest for whoever can actually understand all the lyrics and tell us what the Scottish slang in it is. I?m not even totally sure I know all of it.

Grayson: I will be the judge. We can give them canned haggis as a prize.

Nell: Only if I want to alienate all my listeners. That ish? is gross.

Grayson: My ma makes it pretty good. Though I?d rather have tacos, I can?t lie.

Nell: We?re totally getting tacos after this. What other song do you have for us? Another Scottish ditty?

Grayson: No, the last song I have to share is Stranger, by The Devil Makes Three. So I suppose it?s still folky, but not expressly Scottish. And you?ll be able to understand it, too.

Nell: Open your ears, guys and dolls.

Stranger

Nell: Bad. A*s. Seriously. Again, guys, that was Stranger by The Devil Makes Three. And Grayson is going to learn how to play that on the bagpipes, right?

Grayson: ? yes?

Nell: Yes. He is. We?ll look for your upcoming studio album.

Grayson: You might be waiting a long time.

Nell: I?m super good at sitting on my a*s. Thank you, Grayson, for coming to Turn Around Sound.

Grayson: Thank you for having me- it was great fun.

Nell: And since we?re doling out thanks, I want to thank my sweet a*s listeners for tuning in. Remember, you can always go online to our website and look up the songs that were featured today. And as always, send me some sweet mail if you?d like to come on the show to rock out with your c*ck out. Peace.

Nell Holliday

Date: 2014-09-18 23:07 EST
Nell: What the hell is up, peeps? Welcome to another stimulating episode of Turn Around Sound. I have a special guest tonight, a bonafide winner. But not like short bus special, real special. Charlie Nine, who is awesome at dueling but super ****** at convalescing.

Charlie: Hey, Nell. Nell's peeps. It's true. I'm terrible at convalescing.

Nell: True dat, but no judgment. Because if you were better at it then you'd be home, and not here. And that would just be a shame. For those that don't know, Charlie recently defended FireStar, a bomb*** opal, against Anubis Karos. So he's legit boss. How was that duel? Quick?

Charlie: Long. Anubis is considerably larger and stronger, which I don't find daunting, but I have to give him credit for being far quicker than his bulk would lead you to believe. He hurt me early, but I found my rhythm and eventually did what KC calls... 'Re-enacting the Boston Tea Party'. I'm assuming it's a reference to me jumping and landing with my reinforced steel athletic cup hitting him in the face...

Nell: Well, we applaud you here at KLIT, for killing it like a total bad***. Well, since you're not going to lay down and rest, how about you tell us about your first song.

Charlie: Well, I thought maybe I'd get the more mainstream, socially palatable song out of the way. Maybe it will warm your listeners up to me before I send them running away screaming... I hear it playing a lot in Andrea Anderson's Triple A MMA Gym, that's a shameless plug by the way, and I like to warm up with it. It's a song called Come With Me Now by a band called Kongos.

Nell: I can recommend this song before I even play it. And also Andrea's skills at ***kicking. But for now, feast your earholes on this, citizens.

Come With Me Now

Nell: Who would have thought the accordion could be like that, right? There is no polka happening.

Charlie: It's surprisingly good for a beat. I've found that being here, and keeping some of the company that I do, has expended my catalogue of musical tastes considerably.

Nell: And that's what we strive for, yeah? Ol' Rhy'Din, bringing the masses new musical tastes. And you picked that because it's your go-to warm up song?

Charlie: When I want something that feels less traditional to my style, yeah. I?m usually less... conventional?

Nell: Preach on, brother Charlie. Convention is a sin, or so I've heard. What is the second song you've got?

Charlie: Something more traditional to my style, more so, to The Dance. Zoom Zoom Zoom Capoeira, uncredited so far as I'm aware.

Nell: Like that car commercial?

Charlie: Only better. It is very good capoeira workout music.

Nell: Well, then for all you fancy capoeira people out there, listen up. And I'll listen while Charlie shows me some moves. Hopefully with his pants on.

Zoom Zoom Zoom

Nell: You legit listen to this? Like just cruising down the street?

Charlie: I don't cruise. I walk everywhere. Though Andrea's trying to talk me into endorsements and product lines, which means a considerable amount of money if I were to choose to do it. But I listen to this when I train alone or when I'm warming up before a fight.

Nell: You can still walk and cruise. I walk most places, too. Well? I used to, before I started to become gargantuan. And how long have you been doing capoeira?

Charlie: For longer than I can remember. Literally. Capoeira and goju-ryu.

Nell: So, what you're saying is, you are not the guy to try and jump in a dark alleyway.

Charlie: Stranger things have happened. I was stabbed in the stomach in an attempted mugging after my first Diamond Quest in the spring.

Nell: Holy ****, for real?

Charlie: Yeah. Well, I forced him to stab me in the stomach. I think making him watch me laugh about it was more terrifying, in the end, than any physical beating I might have inflicted on him.

Nell: Ah, so some serious head*******. I see, I see. Stone cold, Charlie? you're stone cold. Alright, what's your last song to share with the group?

Charlie: Well, uh... Um... 'Ma Boy' by Sistar19. Jin Chae likes to practice pole dancing to it. She likes it a lot...

Nell: Pole dancing?

Charlie: Well, yeah. She is an escort and by also saying she's great at pole dancing, I am again giving out another shameless plug.

Nell: Well, hell, who doesn't like pole dancers? Alright, then, here's Ma Boy, and here's a salute to Jin Chae's dancing skills.

Ma Boy

Nell: And that was Ode to Jin Chae. Girl, get on with your bad self. And come on my show- that's my shameless plug. And that also concludes the sharing portion, at for music. Is there anything else you want to throw out there to the masses, Charlie?

Charlie: Uh. Everyone should come to the Outback and watch the duels. Or participate. And, uh, hello Melanie, Terry, Grace, Peaches, and KC?

Nell: Aww, look it you, is that your first shout out?

Charlie: It is, yeah.

Nell: That's what this show is all about, those precious firsts. Well! Thank you, Charlie, for coming onto the show and sharing a bit about yourself and your musical tastes. I hope no one gives you too much ****.

Charlie: They will or they won't. Thanks for indulging Andrea's desire to keep me away from the gym and inactive. I expect she will thank you appropriately later.

Nell: If she knows what's good for her. And it ain't no thang- come by any time. And there you have it, folks. Remember, all you have to do is type in onnnne little email address with your song choices, and if I find you worthy, you can come on the show. Easy peasy, yeah? So get those fingers typing! Peace!

((Thank you to Charlie's player for the scene!))
((For the full text of the scene, both on air and off, please visit In The Eaves- Charlie Nine))