Topic: The Butcher of the 105th.

David Ricktor

Date: 2013-06-15 09:16 EST
(As always, anything I post is open. Please, if you feel so inclined, add something to the mix. Also, I must offer a disclaimer. This thread will contain extreme violence and possible suggestive themes. If you don't want to see this, please, stop reading. Thank you.)

David left the blackbird's bed early, after faking sleep. Maybe he'd come back, maybe he'd leave for good. The part of him that dominated his reality told him to get out and explore, to dominate and to ruin. As he stood, he glanced down at his armor, and slowly, his eyes devoured each and every inch of the blackbird he'd lain with. They ticked back and forth between the obvious perfection of his armor, the obvious perfection of his bed mate. With a silent shrug, David left his armor. He would come back, you see.

His feet carried him to another part of town, a seedier part. In this place, the butcher felt at home. Beggars reached, junkies lived and thugs died. Even among these strange people, David cut a path through the masses. Men who live by the gun, you see, understand others who kill by the gun. Maybe it was the way David wore the M45D Tactical Shotgun on his back, or maybe it was the easy set of the M6E Magnums he wore on each hip. Maybe it was something else, the way he stared a challenge at anyone who looked at him, the self assured way that his boots kicked up trash and dust, blood and oil. A sign caught his eye, a door made of dented metal and scarred with blaster fire and bullet impact.

"The Wilted Rose." David spoke the words under his breath, his head shaking as his lips twisted into wry amusement. "It never, ever changes." David pushed, fingers fanned on the door, and quickly stepped inside. He didn't linger in the funnel, his feet almost automatically took him to the left.

Regardless of his location, his presence filled the door. Three inches above six feet and eleven pounds over two hundred, David filled many doors, even when not in his armor. Dark blue cargo pants were tucked into boots that reached his upper calf. Of course, the material was polished to a shine. A dark blue shirt made of heat resistant polymers clung to each and every ridge of his heavily muscled chest and arms. Upon the shirt, his name was stenciled in white. Across from that, one might notice the "UNSC" crest, emblazoned above the words "Naval Special Warfare Command." As soon as David filled the door, a thin woman in hardly enough clothing to dress a baby attached herself to his arm. Without even looking, the Hell Jumper pushed her away and strode to the bar, polished boots echoing along the metallic floor. He headed for the bar, leaving the staring woman behind him, unsure of what to do. Should she follow, or should she tremble?

David sat at a stool, immediately flagging the bar tender down. However, nothing could be that easy. The place was almost empty, a few wasted and broken men watching a few equally forgettable women dance in various states of undress. Two men flanked David, having approached him from either side.

"We ain't seen you 'round here, so you got to pay the tax." The man on his left spoke, his words moving in and out of the spaces where teeth should have been.

"Yeah, the tax, asshole. We run this bar." The man on his right, clearly the underling, looked to the man on David's left, a slightly insane look in his watery eyes. David suspected drugs, an addict.

"I just want a drink." For the first time, David spoke. His rasping tones fought with his throat before bouncing off of his teeth, each word clipped, each delivery curt and short. When he spoke, it was clear the intent. David did not ask questions, he did not ask for permission. He made demands.

"You're going to have to pay the tax. Ain't we tell you that?" Both men leaned against the bar. The man on David's left reached under his faded jacket. That was enough provocation for David, the man had practically condemned himself.

Immediately, David's fingers wrapped around the man's slender wrist, dragging it back to the bar. In a burst of motion, David slammed the hand onto the bar, and his right hand reached down to a boot, drawing a ten inch blade. With a blur, the blade dug into the man's flesh, buried its tip into the bar, pinning the hand in place. The man on David's right drew his own thin blade, and before David could turn, he drew blood, a thin slash across David's cheek and jaw. He accepted the blow, hardly even noticing it.

"You stabbed Jimmy!" The man who had sliced David began slashing wildly, blows that David accepted with ease. With the knife buried in the first man's hand, David's right hand rose and his fingers tangled into Jimmy's hair. Once, twice, three times and four, David's hand slammed down, pounding the man's face into the metal. In between screams, David could hear the thick crunch and crack of bones. First his nose, then his jaw. Next came the man's orbital bones, then his nose again. Jimmy slumped over the bar, barely breathing as the blood poured from his mouth, his ears, his nose and his eyes.

David turned, rolling his shoulder to accept the growing number of stab wounds he had taken. Calmly, he brought his boot down on the other man's kneecap, digging his heel into the side of the man's leg until it gave out with a sickening wrench. Satisfied that he'd shattered the man's knee, David pulled his foot back and kicked, planting his heel into the man's knee once more. Predictably, the man fell and curled, clutching his knee and wailing in startled agony. David stood and took a second to wipe the blood from his face before he glanced down. Once more, his foot lifted, and it fell repeatedly, heavy boots slamming into the man's face again and again. He did this casually, he did this without even watching. When David did look back down, the man was dead, his face a shattered mass of bone and blood.

The bartender had been staring, halfway in between drawing his own weapon and pouring a drink. His eyes locked onto this man who had so calmly and brutally murdered at least one man before his very eyes. He had seen a lot, working in this city and this place, but nothing like this. Slowly, David found the man's eyes and stared. With deliberate motions, he withdrew the blade from Jimmy's hand and took his hair once more. David's brown eyes never left the bartender while he did this. He stepped behind the man and picked him up, holding him against his body. Jimmy began to kick and squirm, and the noises that came from his ruined mouth might have been mumbled pleas. David lifted his hand, the blade flashing as it dripped blood. Not once, not twice, but three times, the blade sunk hilt deep into the man's throat. David, still pinning the bartender with his eyes, stepped back and threw Jimmy's body across the bar, leaving a bloody trail. He reached down once more and used Jimmy's jacket to wipe his hands, but he couldn't possibly clean so much blood off of his hands with just a jacket. Instead, he left a dull red stain on his fingers. "I wanted a drink."

The bartender frantically nodded, and with shaking hands poured a double shot of whiskey. Walking slowly, he kept his free hand visible as he handed David the shot. David lifted it and sniffed before he drained the glass and shook his head. "Well, that was pointless. I don't even like your whiskey." David stood and moved away, heading back towards the door as if nothing had even happened. Within thirty seconds, two men had been brutally murdered, and all that David left behind was a trail of bloody footsteps. They twisted and turned, all the way back to the abode of the blackbird. She had filled one need, the morning's drink had filled another. With both hungers pushed down, David paused and washed his hands more fully before he folded himself into the woman's bed once more, one damp hand losing itself in her hair, the other trailing the soft curves of her body. Sated, the butcher allowed his mind to drift along it's twisted paths which took him to the sanctity of his dreams.

David Ricktor

Date: 2013-06-15 19:20 EST
Stars End. The UNSC Alabaster. Cyrus had mentioned these things, and David liked the sound of them. Cyrus had said they needed someone with David's experience, a consultant, for this 'militia.'

"I wonder if that damn Spartan has any clue what kind of experience I've got." David growled the words into his helmet, and the white noise hit him back, failed communications. In a fit of frustration, David turned and slammed his fist into a concrete wall. The man who kept the stall ducked, but not before he was showered with shards of the wall, which had partially shattered under the Hell Jumper's fist. Men and woman moved for this one, all the way back to the Wilted Rose.

"You, bar keep. Tell me how I can get to the Stars End Bar." When David spoke, there was no question, only a demand.

The poor man recalled, how could he forget? "It's that way, yeah." The man blinked, the man pointed and the man gave a nervous breath. The bartender, James, had family who lived nearby, you see, and Jimmy didn't want this brutal man close to his family. Unfortunately for James, David saw that he was lying. He saw the fear as well as any predator would.

"Is this your daughter? She looks like you." David's face wasn't visible, the polarized lens flashed in the light. His hand shot out, and a young girl was pulled towards him. She fought, she kicked and she cried. Before she screamed, David's gloved hand fell over her mouth. "Tell me what I want to know and she lives."

"No...that's not my daughter." James' poor mind was racing. In a million years, he'd never dreamed this would happen. He'd never dreamed that someone would kick his door down and take his family. "Wait!-"

"Oh? She's not? I guess you won't mind, then." David cut the man off, and as quickly as he'd stabbed the man earlier, David drew his sidearm. Almost lazily, he pushed the muzzle under the girl's chin and fired. Once the flash had allowed James to see, David stood, blood dripping from his visor and running down his armor. Lifeless, his daughter lay on the ground. With no regard, David leaned forward, one boot planted on the woman's back. "The next time I ask you something, you tell me. Are we clear?"

James nodded, too horrified to speak. His mind couldn't process the situation. This couldn't have happened. This can't be real. He swallowed and nodded, entirely unable to form real words.

"Now, I'll be going, barkeep. I'll see you tomorrow, I'm sure." As he had before, David let bloody footprints lead him towards the door. Slowly, he turned around, allowing the man to view the ghastly image once more. "I knew where the Stars End was. I just wanted you to tell me."

David Ricktor

Date: 2013-06-16 21:06 EST
The morning had been confusing. David's like had been spent walling the world out, containing his emotions and ignoring everything other then what he needed to do. In his mind, the world was a set of objectives, targets. Well, she was surely that.

Upon leaving Docks, he'd followed Belle for the aforementioned drink. Both of them, it seemed, were not so different. After a somewhat frustrating exchange, David left in a thoughtful mood. In all of his life, he'd never let a trivial thing, a passing thing such as this, cloud his mind or his judgement. His thoughts left the beaten track, if only for a second. His hands, so used to the diamond plated grip of a weapon, felt the smooth arch of her neck, the vulnerability of the night before. His fingers tested the fluttering of her pulse, a memory burned into his skin. His fingertips relived the almost accidental brush across her stomach, the way she had sucked in a deep breath at the first contact. Thus, the Hell Jumper was distracted, perhaps fatally so.

Fatally so would be an overstatement. However, he had forgotten to turn off the shape charge attached to his chest. Dimly, and lost among the pouches and cliffs of his armor, a faint red light glowed. Already, it would seem, the Jumper had made a name for himself.

When David was lost in his memories, while he was allowing his lips to draw her closer once more, a trio of men stepped out of an alley and fanned out in front of him. Two held submachine guns, while the third let a nail studded bat bounce in his palm. "James done sent us, freak..."

David laughed, his first and only reaction. From under the darkened lenses, his eyes panned across the pathetic scene. Two weapons and a baseball bat? This was what they had to offer against him? His laughter echoed around the enclosed space, it mocked and it twisted, dark fingers pulling on the men and drawing them closer. The man with the bat could no longer stand the mocking tones, and with a primal yell, he leaped towards David, the bat raised over his head.

Time stopped, or so it seemed, for the veteran killer. Almost randomly, he recalled why he had armed the explosives this morning. Apparently, he would not have to disarm them, either. The light on his chest, as small as it was, became more important, if still unseen. Before, he had armed twenty nine pounds of thermite based plastic explosives, set to fan out one hundred and eighty degrees in front of him. The man must have died with no knowledge, but maybe the two behind him had some inkling.

When the explosives were triggered, the world seemed to fall apart in a flash of white hot light. The explosion sucked the air from the entire city block, and the ensuing concussion blast rode a wave of liquid fire. Buildings were shattered, wood was incinerated and humans were immolated. When the dust had settled, David stood, an arch of devastation cut in front of him, a swath of ruin painted by a master of his trade. Directly in front of him, there was nothing. Such was the heat that the men had been immolated, corpses reduced to nothing by the overwhelming heat and violence. Without a second glance, David stepped away, boots trailing ash as he stepped around, over and across charred ruins, smoldering bodies and smoking wreckage. Seconds before, there had been a city block; now there was a single man, seen by some from behind. David paused near a broken pipe, taking the time to let the water remove the ash from his visor. The rest of his armor, he left dirty. This would be a reminder, a poignant reminder. Within moments, his fist fell on the door to the Wilted Rose, a blow born out of enhanced strength.

"James, James. We must talk, James..."

David Ricktor

Date: 2013-06-17 10:17 EST
"Blame her. She wouldn't let me hurt a woman, or this would be your wife." The visor, so deeply polarized, hid David's face. This time, the ferroglass was dark black, but there was a red tint to it. James, sadly, was beyond screaming. His throat was beyond working.

His oldest son, however, still could talk.

"Tell me, Mike, just tell me. You're the boss." David spoke, all emotion lost behind the cold facade of glass and blood. James twitched, his eyes rolled back and his throat worked desperately, fighting for air with which to scream. The room, you see, was dark and hidden. Both men were tied to chairs, and only one stood. James, poor James, sat, his head dangling. His eyes stopped rolling when he started to stare. David reached down and blew a hole in the wall, the magnum's barrel so very close. Before, he had deactivated the heat sink, and the muzzle fairly glowed. It glowed red in the gloom, smoke rose from the super heated metal.

"It's on you Mike, tell me. The next shipment, bulk titanium and carbon fiber. That's all I need."

The man, hardly a child, retched before he shook his head. He couldn't look at the bloody mass his father had become. His eyes couldn't linger on the broken fingers, the shattered joints or the teeth that had been ripped out. He couldn't bring himself to look at the ruined mess his father had become, but the image was burned into his mind already. This had gone on for hours. "I don't know. I told you, I don't fucking know!"

"That's not good enough. This, as it all has been, is on you." James had stopped rolling his eyes. The exercise was futile, the man was beyond repair. Soon enough, he'd slip into the comfortable grasp of death. But not now. First came the smell, the sickening smell of burnt flesh. Then came the final scream, the shaking of a ruined body under a powerful hand. David held the muzzle in place, the smoldering metal buried into the poor man's eye. David leaned, he twisted and he pressed deeper. It took a moment, but the man finally stopped twitching, he finally gave up. When David pulled his pistol away, the man's face gave away with a wet pop, and charred brain matter had cooked itself onto the barrel of David's sidearm.

Mike began sobbing helplessly, the sound ringing off the walls. "You're fucking nuts man, do you know that? FINE! IT's coming in the day after tomorrow, but I just don't know where. Check the bar, or something. SHIT! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?" The teenager's mind broke, under the image, under the smell and under the threat. The last thing he saw, most likely, was his father's retinal cord cooked onto a muzzle, a muzzle that flared to life and painted another red stain on the wall behind him.

"When will they learn?" David kicked his way through the door and back into the bar. "Someone should clean that up." There were people still in the bar, but not for long. David reeked of blood, he dripped gore and his steps left a path of bone shards and ruined flesh. Literally, they stuck to the floor. If one didn't know his armor was black, they might wonder why it looked so very....red. Before he moved for the front door, he turned and found a small towel. Almost idly, he wiped the remains of a human from his visor, leaving a small swath of order among the chaos he wore so well.

"Hell Jumper, Hell Jumper, where you been? Feet first into Hell, back again." He was laughing softly, in between the words he sang to himself, as he strode through the door. Of course, he'd expected just as much, he'd looked for nothing less. After all, someone had to have heard his work. He'd have been disappointed had they not. David's hands rose when he realized there was a small group of people standing in front of him.

"You really, really don't learn, do you?" The men had fanned out in front of him. Slowly, his helmet turned from one to the other. Here, there, back again. All he saw were weapons pointed, a collection of muzzles aimed at his heart. His hands were held above him, fists clenched. He'd seen this coming. To a man, he may have looked like he was capitulating, finally. In the eyes of an assassin, he stood with his arms lifted, much like a conductor in front of an orchestra. "I guess not."

David opened his palms precisely five seconds after he had lifted them, and two small devices fell, one from each hand. All eyes locked onto them as they slowly bounced once, twice and then once more. Small red lights flickered and then shut off. David, in the eternity it took these people to realize what was going on, simply shrugged. The ensuing explosion ripped through the air, sending the Hell Jumper back into the wall with powerful force, enough to dent the steel walls. However, he was close, and he avoided most of the blast. Inside each of the small grenades, enough razor wire was wrapped around the charges to shred half of a football field. False advertising is not a label he could apply to the proud, proud makers of such weapons. Slowly, David stood again, entirely unharmed. He was sore, his ankle was twisted, but there was no real damage. Upon shaking the cobwebs from his head, he wiped the ash and smoke from his visor and peered around.

"Well then, it would seem that we are at an impasse, gentleman." David spoke to nothing, absolutely nothing. The way the man had lined up, the way they had just stared, suited his purpose. What had been a calm city street was a veritable blood bath. Maybe the buildings had been painted white or yellow, some happy color. Now, however, they were, all of them, painted bright red and dripping. Shreds of clothing hung here and there, twisted bone was strewn across the street. Somehow, a man groaned, a man rolled over and a hand reached up, fingers twisted in agony.

"Yeah, I bet that hurt. Let me fix that for you." In passing, David altered his stride, a heavy boot slamming down on the man's temple. He twitched once, but a new pool of blood flowed from under his already drenched boots.

"I see, now, that I really will need some new armor."