Topic: The Clan Ravenlock : Mother's Day 2013

Brian Ravenlock

Date: 2013-05-12 10:49 EST
T?was just before dawn in the Ravenlock compound, you see.

And as always, the place was chock full of family.

So early was it that no one else had been awakened,

when Brian lifted from that bed he shared with Jenai to handle,

some partaken? And also the Bacon.

~Some guy with too much free time

Quietly, did he shift the covers of that bed he shared with his beloved.

Ever so slickly did he slip from that bed, much akin to a slithering snake of sorts? Let?s be honest, the ?old? man still had it. Thanks be given for the training Miles, and Brian had engaged in year after year, for that little trick.

Deftly did he slid on some clothes, cause as you know when one sleeps next to a Jenai, one simply does not wear clothing. Or well?when Brian sleeps next to Jenai, he simply does not wear any clothing. In any event, like anyone else in the compound, save the girls (Thanks be to the gods for wards in their case)? You?ve been warned.

Like a shadow was he, as one moment he was still in the room watching Jenai, and the next--- he was gone. Down the hall he appeared, and then vanished yet again. Each time he appeared, there was more distance put between he, and she. Finally, the rather intricate move down the hall came to an end, just a bit from the large camphor tree that was the center piece of the compounds main hall.

Eyes of blue quickly checked the short length of hallway that lead to the main hall proper, from his vantage point. Slowly he shook his head, as he continued to peer down the hallway. He remained exactly where he was, as something felt?off.

?Can?t be this easy? It?s never that easy.? He said softly, as a quiet step or two were taken.

Closing in on the main hall, he could hear the well defined sounds of the water flowing from the twin fountains that were just off to each side of the large tree. Elevated were the fountains, allowing the water to flow downward and around the impressive centerpiece. The waters holding a calming effect indeed for a great many, save the man who was in mid skulk at this very moment.

Closer, and closer he approached and then--- something caught his attention!

Flattening himself against the wall, he peered upwards to see--- ?Damned spider monkey??

A moment later, the monkey had passed allowing him passage once more.

The opportunity was snatched, as he bolted from the hall towards the right side banister, as the monkey rounded the opposite side of the tree. Down he slid along said banister about halfway or so, and then it was a simply drop to the floor below, landing with nary a sound.

Cue that smug grin as he nodded a bit to himself.

?Yer late!?

?!??

So much for being so very ninja, it would seem. ?Or am I fashionably late??

?No, you?re just late.?

?I just said that chowder head!?

?You?re the chowder head, monkey butt sniffer! You don?t even know what a chowder head is, do you??

?I do too, it?s the head of a--- of a--- a Chowder, ya lawn gno??

?Girls, there?s work to be done??

?Alright, daddy!? said the pair, of crimson headed Ravenlock twins. Their back and forth banter set aside for a much more important matter.

?Good, now suit up and meet me at the rendezvous point.?

?Hai!? said the pair, who seemingly vanished from his view with little to no effort at all.

?Damn they really are that good??

?They should be, after all they are your children,? said one Yotsuba Urashima-Ravenlock, as she passed Brian and walked on towards the rendezvous point in a rather methodically slow pace, befitting a Shinto Priestess.

Brian blinked a bit, and without another word simply followed suit.

Brian Ravenlock

Date: 2013-05-12 10:55 EST
Moments later, they were all assembled at the rendezvous point.

Which was also known affectionately as--- the kitchen.

Aprons donned, and ninja masks for the girls of course? Hands were washed, and prepping was under way, as everything was set in order for the operation at hand. An operation so daunting, that Brian knew he would have never been able to have pulled it off on his own. Despite his nearly insane cunning, and strategical bad assery.

?Eggs??

?Check!?

?Cheeses??

?Check two!?

?Meats??

?check.?

?Alright, breads and cakes? Juices, and ice? Batter for pancakage? Alright, we?ll wing the rest of it.?

?Leyah, Natty you?re on eggs. You know the drill, mix it up. Tsuba, you?ve got cakes an breads, and I got the meats and pancakes. Now let?s offer a prayer to a patron saint of self defense, one mister Bruce Lee--?

?Don?t forget Chuck Norris too!?

?And Chuck Norris too.?

?Also The Roc??

?The Rock Sucks!?

?Let?s get to work??

And work is exactly what they did, in those early hours before the sun had offered its grace upon the realm of Rhy?Din and its people.

And while they were working feverishly inside the kitchen, someone else--- actually a pair of someone elses were working on a project of their own, inside the main hall.

?Ready??, asked the Taru mage known as Jeskola as he glanced to the self proclaimed queen of Mithra Mayhem that was ?pounce ready? beside him.

?Betcher furry butt I am, ? replied Kerri who?s tail twitched back and forth, while those eyes of hers, remained easily affixed to the apex of the great tree in the main hall.

?No cheating now, Kerri and we need to be??

?Yeah, yeah and yeah, man! I got it. I mean we all can?t have fancy schmancy magic tricks can we? That?s okay, ?little meng? cause Momma Kerri?s got some no mage will ever have, dig??

?What?s that?? asked Jes.

?This sexy ass, that?s what boyeee! Now?Go!?

Kerri was a blur, as she tore up that tree flinging what looked to be cables of some sort back and forth, as she leaped from branch to branch, with no sound at all. In fact she was so quiet, the spider monkey never saw her coming and in turn tore for safer ground. Course that was after Kerri had somehow slapped a red bow upside the head of the primate. All Jeskola could do was blink in surprise, as he too then went to work.

The Taru?s wand lifted, as he chanted softly. Asking for the assistance he knew he would need, for this rather interesting endeavor. It wasn?t because he wasn?t capable or anything. In fact it was far from it, truth be told. It was the simple fact that he was a finely honed battle mage, of the darker variety and not truly used to what he had decided to tackle this morning.

But that never stopped him, or any other Ravenlock from handling business.

A portal came to life beside the Taru, as an ethereal wolf stepped through. ?You summoned, Jes??

?I did old friend, time is short and I need you for something. It will be brief I promise.?

The wolf nodded, ?Very well, at least Carbuncle isn?t here, so that means we?re off to a good start.?

?Thank you, Fenrir.?

?Thank me when we?re done, Jes. Now let?s get to work.?

Jes nodded and with another chant sent the summoned wolf to work on the task at hand. Fenrir was there one moment, and the next was no more than a shimmering wake, leading towards the main doors of the hall.

Then the Taru?s attentions turned to another matter, as he began casting a rather intricate spell. Layer upon layer of runes and graphs began to appear about the mage, as he continued his casting. More and more they came, and then--- they erupted about him in a rather violent fashion, but still the little mage did not waiver in his casting. Instead, he smiled.

Seemingly from nowhere, several small portals opened upon along various points all over the compound, starting with the base of the great tree in the main hall. From those portals erupted several strains of vines, that began to slid along railings, banister and whatever else they could. The vines crept down the hall, and towards some rather particular rooms within the compound, and finally came to rest.

The rooms you ask? Why the rooms of Mothers of course.

Brian Ravenlock

Date: 2013-05-12 10:57 EST
Without a sound, the vines yielded several floras indeed, ranging from Roses, Lilacs, and Irises, to various Orchids, Carnations and Tulips. The scent of Jasmine wafted throughout the halls as well, as the flora continued to bloom ever the more so. The mage smiled, seeing the cast had worked to his specifications and that of Brian?s to no end.

?All done!? said Kerri, as she landed next to the Taru, giving him a pat to his back! ?Nice work there, short-round!?

?Not so bad yourself, Kerri.? said Jes, as he looked upwards and took in the sheer magnitude of what Kerri had done, sand magicks no less.

The camphor tree that was the centerpiece of the main hall was literally and quite softly shimmering?

Sparkle dust continuously fell from its heightened breaches, settling into the waters below. Jes also noted the several streamers of various colors, that had been strewn about the branches in a rather methodical manner. Also the small chimes that gave such a faint ring, yet together was more than enough to be noticed. There was something else, as well the Taru Mage noticed.

There were particular streamers that hung freely, from various branches that faced the main door of the compound hall, streamers that had tokens hanging from each of them.

A token of flame, and one of water and what looked to be a crown upon it?

One of Ice, and one of black lace.

A pair of tokens resembling dragons? One ice, and the other a mix of emerald and black.

Another token that seemed to have something in letters? ?What?s a Schway?? asked Jes.

?If ya have to ask, ya don?t need to know muchacho.? quipped Kerri.

Another token, that resembled a hearth, and one for a mermaid.

One that was a Shinto Tora Gate, and one that looked to be a pair of scales and crossed swords.

There was also one, bearing a crown of gold and a sword that one would recognize as a ?Ravenlock sword?, and another nearby that was in the shape of a gauntlet.

There were several others as well, and each of them carried their own soft hue in turn.

Jeskola smiled, and looked to Kerri. ?You are amazing, you know??

?You ain?t whistling Dixie there, fuzzy man.? replied Kerri.

Fenrir padded on up to the pair, ?It is done, Jes. The banners have all been changed, the memorial banners set out, and I was even able to chase some of Jenai?s pets back into the habitats, freeing up the garden for you all.?

?Thanks, Fen. Why not stay with us, and enjoy yourself??

?No thanks, Jes. I?ll head back, and enjoy my solitude once more.? And like that, Fenrir was no more.

By that time, Brian had joined the pair before the camphor tree. ?Holy?that looks, amazing! It?s better than what we--- you guys are--- Thanks, both of you.?

?No time for love Dr. Jones! I?ll get the breaky-brek out to the garden, and you guys take to the wakin? up and stuff!? Kerri bounded off to the kitchen.

?She?s gonna snack you know, said Jes. Brian smiled, ?I we made plenty. Now that the food is ready, and the coffee on shall we wake them? I mean before that beautiful sunrise does??

?Let?s shall, Brian.?

Brian smiled, and snapped his fingers.

Suddenly, the soft sounds of several bells could be heard? Throughout the Ravenlock compound, and within the surrounding area of their part of the northern forest of Rhy?Din, the tolls could be heard.