Topic: 2011 Election: Press Release

FioHelston

Date: 2011-05-18 12:17 EST
Around the same time, a second unidentified assailant inside reportedly assaulted local artist and current gubernatorial candidate Fionna Helston al Amat, though witnesses could not corroborate whether she or Batten seemed to be a deliberate target of either attack.

In the wake of the report in The Rhydin Post, a statement to the press was issued by the candidate the next morning.

?The Post has correctly reported that an unknown assailant attacked me and a member of my staff last night in the Red Dragon Inn. I am uninjured. The injuries suffered by the staffer were minor and he is recovering. To those who assisted us both during and after the attack: thank you. And thank you to all who have expressed your concern about our welfare and safety, and that of our families.?

?It is unfortunate in this day and age that there are still those who think they can manipulate the political process in RhyDin, and who will resort to such deplorable practices to try to coerce or eliminate honest candidates. In addition to the potential injury to myself and to my employee, several members of the public were placed in harm?s way by the reckless and vicious nature of the attack."

"To whoever hired the assailant, I say this: You have failed. Your actions have simply solidified my resolve to continue in my campaign and strengthened my belief in my position on the important issues of this election. I continue to be PRO-business, PRO-free-trade, ANTI-taxation, ANTI-bureaucracy and most assuredly, ANTI-slavery.?